Tommy Armstrong

I see, I get you. Thanks, Zoogies.

I am just one of these that wants to see a person continue to try and make better of themselves. I really want Carnes to reverse his decision by seeking out coach Beck and make the decision himself to return to QB. I really think his decision came as the result of a knee-jerk reaction from not making the travel bus to the UCLA game.

Carnes needs to recant on his decision to move the WR himself, especially with wide receiver depth not being an issue for Nebraska. I felt the stress of it all the moment I saw where Carnes had made the choice to move to wideout in updates on the internet.

What he should do---if it's his heart on the matter---is go back to QB just by simply stating it so to the coaches---coach Beck & coach Ganz.

Just based on what you said, it sounds like Carnes is a late bloomer instead of some instant contributor like his 2nd cousin Tommie Frazier. However, that shouldn't defeat him. Keithen McCant was a late bloomer---and he was Big Eight Player of the Year in 1991.

Brion just needs to speak up then and make the matter known---if that is how he feels. I know I'd like to see him behind center again. I just want the chance to see him run around in the pocket. I bet he can move around all over the place, but he's got to make the final decision there.

I know what you mean. I was so hopeful that Anthony Alford would sign a letter of intent with the University of Nebraska---as he seems to really have the dual threat QB skillset down.

Recall that Anthony Alford came very close to signing with Nebraska back in January but ended up signing with Southern Miss----as everyone may recall Nebraska's opening game this year against Alford.

Man, he has skills.

Well, thanks for your input. Thanks for clearing me up on all of this.

Me too, I'm with ya there. I'm a huge Carnes fan and I only know as much as the next fan following the program, so who knows what has happened. I'm disappointed that he has given up on the QB thing and hope it's not the last we see of him there. It just hasn't looked good for a while.

I think we need to bring in Tommie to give him that "Be a Man, man" speech again :P

What's with all this "we need to have competitions in practice" la la. They do. Ever think that Martinez is actually that much better? And that Kellog is actually better than Carnes?. Nope, cant use that logic, it would make too much sense and give nothing to complain about. But I also see the point of allowing some PT in a game like Idaho St had he not already switched positions. This is not Georgia by the way, and Bo Pelini is not Mark Richt-thank god.

• Fire 1

I am just one of these that wants to see a person continue to try and make better of themselves. I really want Carnes to reverse his decision by seeking out coach Beck and make the decision himself to return to QB. I really think his decision came as the result of a knee-jerk reaction from not making the travel bus to the UCLA game.

Carnes needs to recant on his decision to move the WR himself, especially with wide receiver depth not being an issue for Nebraska. I felt the stress of it all the moment I saw where Carnes had made the choice to move to wideout in updates on the internet.

What he should do---if it's his heart on the matter---is go back to QB just by simply stating it so to the coaches---coach Beck & coach Ganz.

Just based on what you said, it sounds like Carnes is a late bloomer instead of some instant contributor like his 2nd cousin Tommie Frazier. However, that shouldn't defeat him. Keithen McCant was a late bloomer---and he was Big Eight Player of the Year in 1991.

Brion just needs to speak up then and make the matter known---if that is how he feels. I know I'd like to see him behind center again. I just want the chance to see him run around in the pocket. I bet he can move around all over the place, but he's got to make the final decision there.

I know what you mean. I was so hopeful that Anthony Alford would sign a letter of intent with the University of Nebraska---as he seems to really have the dual threat QB skillset down.

Recall that Anthony Alford came very close to signing with Nebraska back in January but ended up signing with Southern Miss----as everyone may recall Nebraska's opening game this year against Alford.

Man, he has skills.

Carnes already hit his bloom. He is on the regressing path. Putting him back at QB will do nothing but take reps from guys who may have a legit shot at the position in the future. And from what I have heard, Carnes doesn't apply himself anyways.

I think Carnes' greatest challenge is that he's a long ways from home. A person's family encourages him. You miss your key family members when they are not around.

Some on this message board are going to be critical of Carnes' effort on the field. They will antagonize Brion because he fell to 4th string. I have read their posts.

Even so, when you are competing---that's when you need all the support from your family and friends the most. I feel that Brion is at a disadvantage there as he is from Bradenton/Manatee, Florida.

All I want is to see Carnes to succeed....That's it.

Like I said, Lyons in the Sea.....I think Brion Carnes is homesick. He's a long ways from home. I don't think some of his teammates consider the challenges that stare down Carnes by simply being so far away from the people and a community that would build him up. It sounds like he needs that encouragement he isn't getting.

I know that Georgia's current star linebacker Jarvis Jones has told us a story very similar to where I am getting at with this. Jarvis is from Columbus, Georgia. He made the decision to go to Southern Cal. After his linebacker coach left with coach Pete Carroll to the NFL, Jarvis lost a huge support group in that one man.

Jarvis Jones told all of us in an interview that he felt all alone at Southern Cal. He transferred the next semester.

He is now Georgia's star player on its defense, but it wasn't working out for him at USC. I tell you what, people need their support groups.

We can all sit back and judge a 20-year-old kid, but have we looked closer at all of the details of what that person is dealing with at the same time?

Like I said, Lyons in the Sea.....I think Brion Carnes is homesick. He's a long ways from home. I don't think some of his teammates consider the challenges that stare down Carnes by simply being so far away from the people and a community that would build him up. It sounds like he needs that encouragement he isn't getting.

I know that Georgia's current star linebacker Jarvis Jones has told us a story very similar to where I am getting at with this. Jarvis is from Columbus, Georgia. He made the decision to go to Southern Cal. After his linebacker coach left with coach Pete Carroll to the NFL, Jarvis lost a huge support group in that one man.

Jarvis Jones told all of us in an interview that he felt all alone at Southern Cal. He transferred the next semester.

He is now Georgia's star player on its defense, but it wasn't working out for him at USC. I tell you what, people need their support groups.

We can all sit back and judge a 20-year-old kid, but have we looked closer at all of the details of what that person is dealing with at the same time?

I think you're dillusional. If Brion were homesick enough to have an effect on him, he would consider transferring. And maybe he still will.

Switching to WR is not something you do when you're homesick and don't want to leave. It's something he did because he has 3 guys who are better than him at the QB position, and he wants to find a place on the team where he can make an impact. That's commitment. And I hope he makes an impact because he seems to be a good kid and a hard worker.

Man, he has skills.

Carnes already hit his bloom. He is on the regressing path. Putting him back at QB will do nothing but take reps from guys who may have a legit shot at the position in the future. And from what I have heard, Carnes doesn't apply himself anyways.

who does he get to apply for him?

So far through four games, the backups can be compared relatively speaking. Ron Kellogg III is a pedestrian 3-of-5 for 19 yards with a pick. Brion Carnes went 2-for-2 for 26 yards without an INT.

Just throwing that up. Carnes did perform well when he took to the field last year. He was 1-for-1 for 19 yards against Chattanooga-Tennessee who has a starting cornerback (Chris Lewis-Harris) that I coached when he was in high school. Carnes' other completion was a 7-yarder against Minnesota last year.

Kellogg III has got to scan the whole field before he launches it. He doesn't want to throw a pic 6.

Carnes was safer throwing the ball IMHO as Nebraska's backup versus Kellogg III. Stats back that up.

So far through four games, the backups can be compared relatively speaking. Ron Kellogg III is a pedestrian 3-of-5 for 19 yards with a pick. Brion Carnes went 2-for-2 for 26 yards without an INT.

Just throwing that up. Carnes did perform well when he took to the field last year. He was 1-for-1 for 19 yards against Chattanooga-Tennessee who has a starting cornerback (Chris Lewis-Harris) that I coached when he was in high school. Carnes' other completion was a 7-yarder against Minnesota last year.

Kellogg III has got to scan the whole field before he launches it. He doesn't want to throw a pic 6.

Carnes was safer throwing the ball IMHO as Nebraska's backup versus Kellogg III. Stats back that up.

:facepalm: