Indiana > Nebraska?

I was flipping between this game; the A&M vs La Tech game; and the LSU vs South Carolina games and what struck me was that Indiana was playing with reckless abandon. They played like they had nothing to lose. The thing I have noticed to this point in the college season is the number of games where offensive track meets insue. In these games it is kind of shocking to see the difference in the athleticism that is present on offense versuses what you see on the defense. I know there are exceptions to this statement, but I am seeing a lot of football games in which it is obvious that both teams have considerably more talent playing offense than defense.

Our Lbs haven't been good since 2010. This has been a huge issue. Klein? no, Shazier? meh. Sabino is meh and he's hurt for 4 weeks.

Dline is inconsistent but I firmly believe it's the best in the Conference by far. No other team has a top-5 draft pick AND John Simon. They suffer because we have no Lbs who can provide a decent blitz.

Secondary is inconsistent as well but a lot of the issues can be traced back to the LB play. They don't get much help.

This sounds eerily similar

Apparently there is outrage from Buckeye fans on the defense. Saying this is the "Worst Win in OSU History". Can't say I really disagree lol

And now the fanbase is calling for Luke Fickell's head for this performance.

It's good to know we aren't the only fanbase that can melt down after a bad show :lol:

Apparently there is outrage from Buckeye fans on the defense. Saying this is the "Worst Win in OSU History". Can't say I really disagree lol

And now the fanbase is calling for Luke Fickell's head for this performance.

Yea i am surprised about how rough it has been for ya guys. I bet Urban turns it around though.

Nebraska was -3 in turnover margin against OSU. Indiana was +1.

That's the difference, and that's the thing holding Nebraska back.

THIS^. It also shows that it isn't as easy as "blaming talent and recruiting". No way are we out recruited by Indiana. No way to they have better facilities, atmosphere or fans.

We repeatedly kill ourselves with boneheaded undisciplined play. Time and time again. As someone noted above Indiana played with fire. We do not. It comes down to putting the kids in the best position to succeed (play calling, scheme and personnel) and quit making the stupid mistakes. I remember saying last year (as many did) that if we limit the mistakes and everything else was equal, we would pick up two more wins. To date, in the games we imploded with mistakes and TO's, we lost. I still feel UCLA was very winnable. OSU was winnable as well. Just hard with the fumbles, INT's miscues. Recent stat from the NFL shows that an interception decreases a teams chances to win by 20%.

Bottom line, the only thing we have to fear is ourselves. I have no idea when we can't get out of our own way and win!