B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Perhaps this is a Big picture move....screw up the ACC and they have to grab another school (probably from the Big east) so the Big East could be out 2 schools and the big12 has less options to choose from when they inevitably need to expand again (or get back to 10 after another defection)...

This is what I've been saying for 4 years. Corner the market.

Go "Goodfellas" on the Big East and chip away at the ACC. The Big XII only has so many options(none of them very desirable)

The only upside I can possibly see is a potential re-assignment of the divisions. What does everyone think about the divisions as they stand...and how they might stand with this proposed expansion..or any expansion for that matter?

I like the divisions the way they are but I wouldn't mind trading the Penn state game for an annual Wisconsin game.

The only upside I can possibly see is a potential re-assignment of the divisions. What does everyone think about the divisions as they stand...and how they might stand with this proposed expansion..or any expansion for that matter?

I could see Illinois moving to the Legends Division and Maryland and Rutgers into Leaders division

I could see Illinois moving to the Legends Division in Maryland and Rutgers into Leaders division

I can't see Maryland or Rutgers leading or being a legend in anything. This better not happen.

I like the divisions the way they are but I wouldn't mind trading the Penn state game for an annual Wisconsin game.

Yeah...I'd really like having Wisky being the annual game rather than PSU.

I could see Illinois moving to the Legends Division in Maryland and Rutgers into Leaders division

I can't see Maryland or Rutgers leading or being a legend in anything. This better not happen.

+1

Guys, guys ,guys(and Lady :) ).......

There are thousands of recruits in NJ, Maryland, Eastern PA and Northern Virginia that are just ripe for the picking now when you can look into Mama's eyes and let her know that you can see your kids play at home.

Maryland and Rutgers are both top tier Public Universities that get us into markets(and Minds) that the Big Ten couldn't get before. Rutgers is a NYC area school with connections to NYU, Columbia and Princeton. Now the Big Ten has a few ties to those schools but now we will have more.

NYC through the beltway is the most densely populated area in the Western Hemisphere I believe. I think only The Chinese Coast and Japan are more so.

Now Carolina, GIT and UVA would be the best options in the Eastern Time zone but those schools seem to be in it for the longhaul(ACC wise)