Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

Hopefully the new movies will be more like the originals and less like the prequels. I realize how unlikely that sounds, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Also, if anyone actually enjoys the prequels and feels that they do not ruin the originals, I suggest that you watch Mr. Plinkett's reviews on YouTube. They will clear things up for you.

I wish they'd done it 10-15 years ago, when the original actors were in their 50s. Though that wouldn't have guaranteed that they would have done the movies. I still haven't read the Thrawn trilogy, but apparently it's really good and they could have made the movies based on that. All of the main (living) characters are in it and I think Han and Leia's kid(s) are the main characters.

I wish they'd done it 10-15 years ago, when the original actors were in their 50s. Though that wouldn't have guaranteed that they would have done the movies. I still haven't read the Thrawn trilogy, but apparently it's really good and they could have made the movies based on that. All of the main (living) characters are in it and I think Han and Leia's kid(s) are the main characters.

They could still make that movie with the original cast. Yes, there might need to be a slight suspension of disbelief regarding the age of the characters. Also, IIRC, in the Thrawn trilogy, wasn't Luke's role that of a wizened mentor who, on the side, was looking for guidance of his own after his Jedi mentors all went to the big Midichlorian cloud in the sk...er...universe?

I thought the kids became the main characters during the Yuzhang Yong wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored the existence of the Thrawn books, et al, and went with an entirely different story line. I know that, way back in the 70s when Lucas first made Star Wars, he had always planned on doing the middle three, the first three, then the final three movies. He had story lines for everything, just no time/motivation/whatever to make any movies after the first trilogy came out.

'Star Wars' sequel 'not based on Timothy Zahn novels'

Star Wars: Episode 7 will not be based on Timothy Zahn's popular Thrawn Trilogy novels, according to a report.

Zahn's books, which have been largely embraced by the saga's fanbase, pick up five years after the events of Return of the Jedi and feature the same cast as the original trilogy.

movies_80s_greatest_gallery_3.jpg

However, E! Online claims to have heard from a Lucasfilm insider that the recently announced movie sequel will be an "original story" bearing no relation to the novels.

The Thrawn Trilogy began with the release of Heir to the Empire in 1991, which went on to become a New York Times best seller.