Beer and Basketball?

I would like to be able to have a beer while at the game, but if it would lead to a Creighton crowd I say no way. Yeah, yeah, they are usually among the tops in the nation for attendance and it does get loud there, but don't let anyone fool you: that is not a "great" crowd. The arena is less than half full until tipoff and doesn't completely fill in until many minutes into the game. It is a social even for nearly half the people there, I do not want that. I'd take 7,000 sober diehards over 14,000 tipsy casuals any day of the week... but that's just me.

• Fire 1

Yeah, Comish, I remember being a part of that thread. I just can't see the Regents going for it. That said, it's already been stated that beer sales will be allowed, at least for hockey games, at the new UNO arena. So I guess never say never. But then, that's a little different situation too, considering they already have had beer sales at hockey games at the CLink, and I think the concern there is trying to put the stuff back in the bottle once its already out, so to speak. Considering we've never had alcohol sales at Husker bball games, I could see the Regents not wanting to start. So yeah, doubtful the Regents are going to allow it.

I would like to be able to have a beer while at the game, but if it would lead to a Creighton crowd I say no way. Yeah, yeah, they are usually among the tops in the nation for attendance and it does get loud there, but don't let anyone fool you: that is not a "great" crowd. The arena is less than half full until tipoff and doesn't completely fill in until many minutes into the game. It is a social even for nearly half the people there, I do not want that. I'd take 7,000 sober diehards over 14,000 tipsy casuals any day of the week... but that's just me.

I'm a non drinker but I don't oppose others who do in a place where it is appropriate. I understand the need to put butts in the seats of the new arena. Sitting next to people who drink can be a pain in the bupkiss. If I'm there to watch a game I don't want some lush leaving every 10 minutes to go pee and return with two more beers. Plus the crap that often comes out of their mouths when they are drunk turns decent people into idiots. I've been to too many events that I paid good money for only to have it be less than it could have been because of heavy drinkers around me.

• Fire 5

7000 Diehards + 7000 Idiots = One hell of an electric crowd....

• Fire 1
  • 1 year later...