Let the coaching carousel begin (2012 Edition)

Surprised nobody has made the connection now that Texas Tech will be looking for a new HC? Remember the Bo-to-Miami rumors a couple years ago? Kirby Hocutt was Miami's AD then. He's the AD at Texas Tech now. I wonder if he'll seek TO's permission to speak with Bo?

Tubby to Cincy? Hmm...seems like a downgrade but maybe he figures he can have an easier road in their conference. Texas Tech is not likely to jump the big boys in the Big 12...although they are pretty good at knocking them off once in awhile.

I hope Petersen stays put for now. Would be a killer if Wisky got him. Petersen is going to go eventually. He needs to join the big leagues as we move into super conferences. Nebraska is a great fit for him and he would consistently challenge for the Big 10 championship. If we get blown out in our bowl game the heat on Pelini & Co. is just going to intensify. He will be our coach next year but he has to win Big 10 next year and avoid the types of defensive meltdowns he is becoming famous for.

If Pelini wins big next year and has a defense that we can all be proud of, I will gladly eat crow. If not, welcome Chris Petersen. The ball is in Bo's court. Get R Done. (If the reports are true about his eyeing other jobs, I don't think he is off to a good start).

lateral move to Cincy! Lubbock is a desolate shithole!

Gotta say, the Tubberville news shocked me about as much as the Bielema move did. I guess I regard Texas Tech as a better program than freakin' Cincinnati, but what do I know... Maybe he felt his seat warming up a little bit and wanted to get out of there... Who knows why else you would make that move. :dunno

Gotta say, the Tubberville news shocked me about as much as the Bielema move did. I guess I regard Texas Tech as a better program than freakin' Cincinnati, but what do I know... Maybe he felt his seat warming up a little bit and wanted to get out of there... Who knows why else you would make that move. :dunno

I share similar feelings, however these are my two opinions. I wouldn't be surprised if TommyT dipped before he had no more street cred. Cincy isn't a horrible place to buy himself a few more years after being fired at Auburn and mediocre at TT. Or maybe he fled TT because of bosses. After all, they let Craig James and his cronies at ESPN make their university look like a joke, how smart can the athletic dept and prez be?