Should Tom Osborne lead the team out of the Tunnel?

ladyhawke

I think your all correct that DR. Tom would not do this and that he would do some type of Half Time Honor maybe not even this year, he is so cooool. Course the fan in me would love to see a Pre-Game shocker but I doubt that will happen. Maybe we can get the the Stealth Bomber Fly Over if we can't get Tom.

I was at the Oklahoma game that was Tom's 250th win. After the game there were fireworks and a nice video tribute. They might do something like that. The guy deserves a send off but I agree he won't want to detract from the seniors.

I also went to the Orange Bowl NC game that was Tom's last game as HC. We painted our rental cars with tempera paint and one of our slogans was "Tom's Last Dance - the Tennessee Waltz". It was hysterical as TN fans asked if they could have their pictures taken in front of our car. :yeah

Man those teams were good.

Basically, I don't care what Tom Osborne decides. I don't care how the university decides to honor him. I don't care if he runs from the tunnel, is carried off the field on the shoulders of the team, is given the game ball, is honored at halftime....

I don't care.

All I know is this:

There will be a time, Saturday, when I, a fan, get to salute Tom Osborne. I'll get to applaud, or cheer, or whoop, or whatever.

Know this. At that time - whenever it is - I'll be making more noise than I've made in any of the past 20 years. I'll be putting all my pride, all my respect, all my love for who this man is and what he's done over the course of 500 games into that minute, that five minutes, that period of time I'm given to show him that he made a difference. He didn't dedicate his life to a team, a program or a state that doesn't appreciate him.

If I have a voice left after that, I'll be surprised. I plan on blowing out the vocal chords like I've never done before at that time.

It may be silly. But it's the least I can do. The very least.

• Fire 6

Basically, I don't care what Tom Osborne decides. I don't care how the university decides to honor him. I don't care if he runs from the tunnel, is carried off the field on the shoulders of the team, is given the game ball, is honored at halftime....

I don't care.

All I know is this:

There will be a time, Saturday, when I, a fan, get to salute Tom Osborne. I'll get to applaud, or cheer, or whoop, or whatever.

Know this. At that time - whenever it is - I'll be making more noise than I've made in any of the past 20 years. I'll be putting all my pride, all my respect, all my love for who this man is and what he's done over the course of 500 games into that minute, that five minutes, that period of time I'm given to show him that he made a difference. He didn't dedicate his life to a team, a program or a state that doesn't appreciate him.

If I have a voice left after that, I'll be surprised. I plan on blowing out the vocal chords like I've never done before at that time.

It may be silly. But it's the least I can do. The very least.

Amen. Thanks for the memories Coach Osborne.

Absolutely not. If you have any respect or knowledge of T.O...you know he wouldn't fathom the possibility. It would be a huge slap in the face to Bo, even if he didn't think it.

How the hell is this even an idea or a thought?

I am sure Bo would give two sh#ts less if TO was to take the spotlight one last time. You act like he is a selfish guy and like it would happen if Bo didn't agree with it.

Absolutely not. If you have any respect or knowledge of T.O...you know he wouldn't fathom the possibility. It would be a huge slap in the face to Bo, even if he didn't think it.

How the hell is this even an idea or a thought?

Because T. O. is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the University of Nebraska football team and now the Athletic Dept.

Like knapp said, it doesn't matter if its before, during or after the game. There should/will be some sort of Thank You to Dr. Tom. I will be loud and very much filled with pride, because I was a Husker fan when he started and now as he finishes.

I don't see a problem with the university acknowledging this milestone during the pre-game or maybe during the half and have him at midfield. Let the stadium love him up and show their respect just like knapplc said. Heck, I'd be okay with him being introduced after all the seniors (he is a senior, after all ;) ). He's deflected all the credit for his successes for years so I think we could allow one moment to show him our appreciation for him, no matter if some find it selfish or that it takes away from another's spotlight.

He never got a proper sendoff at his last home game as a coach. It was a freezing, windy day in which we were up on Iowa State 63-7 at half time. The stadium was half empty by the fourth quarter started. No one knew at the time that Tom was never going to coach another game at Memorial Stadium.

• Fire 1