On To Indy and Wisconsin Part 2

Branno

I think Beck put a lot of things back in his pocket today for next week. Really conservative plan. Just get the win and get out. Wind played a factor in this as well. You can bet we will see things next week we havent seen before. I know we'll be ready.

Meh. Hope you're right. Because otherwise that's a huge risk playing bad offensive football hoping you can win by 7 or hoping tOSU wins to put your 'premium' game plan in your pocket for a CCG.

I'm really worried about our line play with the 2 most important players on each side out for the game. Nya, they played well after Stein and Jackson went down but Wisconsin ain't Io_a (they can't buy a "w")

Oh...a "Wheel of Fortune" reference...you should patent that. :lol:

Actually Wisconsin is precisely Iowa with a slightly better running game.

There is a reason why Wisconsin doesn't go shotgun, 4 or 5, WR. They don't have the talent at WR nor the QB to get those WRs the ball out of a spread set.

The Badgers are at their best when they can line up in 2 and 3 TE sets and run the ball, utilizing play-action off of it. Take away the Badgers running game and they lose any offensive potency they might have had.

I'm really worried about our line play with the 2 most important players on each side out for the game. Nya, they played well after Stein and Jackson went down but Wisconsin ain't Io_a (they can't buy a "w")

Both players obviously hurt, but I really think Jackson is a huge loss. Alot of what the Huskers do running the ball involve a pulling center and guard. Jackson was incredibly good at this. Pelini was good at pulling, but I noticed he had a difficult time targeting and blocking.

In my opinion, it seemed that the Huskers did a better job against the run after Stein went out. This could have been a defensive adjustment though, but Stein had been quietly playing really good. I feel bad for him that he will not be in the championship game. Horrible luck.

I think Beck put a lot of things back in his pocket today for next week. Really conservative plan. Just get the win and get out. Wind played a factor in this as well. You can bet we will see things next week we havent seen before. I know we'll be ready.

Meh. Hope you're right. Because otherwise that's a huge risk playing bad offensive football hoping you can win by 7 or hoping tOSU wins to put your 'premium' game plan in your pocket for a CCG.

I dont think it was going to be as conservative as it turned out to be until they realized what the conditions were. But I would bet it was going to be rather conservative anyway.