The other one with the blue undershirt...

JTrain

Rex's (full) return  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You 10 (for now) guys are nuts for thinking Burkhead will out-rush Ball. Our RB that has been hurt all year and will likely split time between 3 other guys vs. an all-time rusher in an offense that really has no other choices, playing against a beat-up/depleated D-line? But then again, I'm just another crazy guy saying crazy things on a message board.

Me and you both

nod-of-approval.gif

You 10 (for now) guys are nuts for thinking Burkhead will out-rush Ball. Our RB that has been hurt all year and will likely split time between 3 other guys vs. an all-time rusher in an offense that really has no other choices, playing against a beat-up/depleated D-line? But then again, I'm just another crazy guy saying crazy things on a message board.

We will remember this post. It will be stickied in my memory. I agree with you BUT if Ball gets hurt or if by chance Rex does actually happen to outrush him, you my friend are going to catch it BIGTIME. :D

Meh. I think had Rex been in the whole game against Iowa, you would have seen explosive numbers too. I think Rex is ready to take out the yearning to play he's had all season on the Wisky defense, and I think his numbers will reflect that. If Rex gets on track like I think he might, we could see a pretty decent lead before half, as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot (big as long, I know).

And thanks, JTrain. Not much could get me to change my background from the Huskerboard 2012 schedule, but that did it. Probably use that one at home too. :)

He was hurt last time when he only had 4 less yards than Ball, and half the carries.

• Fire 2

I think Ball will out-rush Burkhead. I also think Burkhead will get yards in punt return, receiving, and out of the wildcat (both passing and rushing). Ball will end up with more rushing yards, but Burkhead will end up with more total yards.

I can see this happening:

Ball rushes 28 times for 132 yards. Solid numbers but we are keyed in on him and don't allow any runs over 15 yards.

Burkhead rushes 20 times for 85 yards (similar ypc and fewer carries, sharing time with Ameer and Heard), but somewhere in between breaks a 60-yard touchdown. With the way we spread out the defense, combined with the fact that Taylor is a huge rushing threat that demands attention, I think we are more likely to break a 50+ yard TD than Wisconsin is. Burkhead finishes with 21 carries for 145 yards.