Coaching Changes?

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted by the Mod yet. Anyway, it's time for Cotton to go, and Papuchis should be either fired or demoted to position coach. Bo needs to either take over primary D-coordinator duties himself and just let Beck do everything with the offense, or go hire a outside guy for D-coordinator.

The oline has shown improvement-as small as it was at times-over the last 3 years. Barney is not going anywhere. Papuchis does not call the defense anyway. If you watch the coaches, it's obvious Bo is making the calls, Pap is signaling in. Papuchis is a figure head, same as Carl pretty much was, and handles.

Bottom line is this staff is young. 1st year for a few, and 1st year in a new role for some others. Firing coaches after a 10 win season (could still be 11, probably not) even after this kind of game again is just not logical, in my opinion. Realistically, there just isnt gonna be any changes.

I still think Bo deserves at least one more year, but he HAS to make changes on the staff.

1. New EXPERIENCED DC. JP, I like you, but you're gone. Go build you coaching resume at a D2 school somewhere.

2. New EXPERIENCED O-Line coach. Can both Garrison and Cotton. Leaves room to find a full-time (see next)

3. Recruiting coordinator with the spot left by Cotton/Garrison.

4. New Offensive Coordinator. With every game that goes by, Beck's offense gets softer and softer. Time to make the change to a pro style offense, or a more physical version of what we currently have.

5. Get rid of the damn cover 2 defense. It worked great in the pass-happy Big 12. In the B1G, teams run the football. Slide another defender down into the box. Play a 4-4 base defense for all I care. Be freakin' physical because lack of physicality is the root of our problems in these blowout losses.

I still think Bo deserves at least one more year, but he HAS to make changes on the staff.

1. New EXPERIENCED DC. JP, I like you, but you're gone. Go build you coaching resume at a D2 school somewhere.

2. New EXPERIENCED O-Line coach. Can both Garrison and Cotton. Leaves room to find a full-time (see next)

3. Recruiting coordinator with the spot left by Cotton/Garrison.

4. New Offensive Coordinator. With every game that goes by, Beck's offense gets softer and softer. Time to make the change to a pro style offense, or a more physical version of what we currently have.

5. Get rid of the damn cover 2 defense. It worked great in the pass-happy Big 12. In the B1G, teams run the football. Slide another defender down into the box. Play a 4-4 base defense for all I care. Be freakin' physical because lack of physicality is the root of our problems in these blowout losses.

Can we seriously get the elite talent at Oline and qb to run that type of offense successfully? See Callahan years. We had great recruiting classes and still couldnt do it at a high level. Unfortunately, the demographics of college football now probably require us to us the gimicks of spread up tempo.

I know what Wisconsin did tonight. But they didnt do one single conventional thing in that entire first half. That was not pro style. It was a sh#t load of shenanigans designed to get ahead and hope to stay ahead. Had our offense gotten in gear, we woulda seen that stuff all night.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted by the Mod yet. Anyway, it's time for Cotton to go, and Papuchis should be either fired or demoted to position coach. Bo needs to either take over primary D-coordinator duties himself and just let Beck do everything with the offense, or go hire a outside guy for D-coordinator.

As long as it is a clean and logical discussed thread, why would it be locked?

The oline has shown improvement-as small as it was at times-over the last 3 years. Barney is not going anywhere. Papuchis does not call the defense anyway. If you watch the coaches, it's obvious Bo is making the calls, Pap is signaling in. Papuchis is a figure head, same as Carl pretty much was, and handles.

Bottom line is this staff is young. 1st year for a few, and 1st year in a new role for some others. Firing coaches after a 10 win season (could still be 11, probably not) even after this kind of game again is just not logical, in my opinion. Realistically, there just isnt gonna be any changes.

I'm sorry, but this isn't just a bad game. This is the worst f*cking loss in the history of NU football. We've been completely embarrassed twice this season: once by a good team, once by a 5-loss team that struggled to get to 7 wins. If this doesn't lead to coaching changes, then Bo will be the one being changed if we see another year of this garbage. This program and fan base deserves better than delusions from Bo. Hopefully our new AD will see the need for changes.

He has been the one that is calling the plays. Carl and now Papuchis are just the guys who signal in the plays that Bo calls. That's why games like this make his hire look like a complete failure.