Petersen to Arky???

If Bo gets fired after winning 9 games over the past few years and now 10/11........this program will not get anyone worth a damn to come here! Look what happened after we fired Solich.......we got Callahan. He was what, our 3rd choice? Bo doesn't need to go, some of his assistants do. He needs to surround himself with proven coaches that have experience so he can worry about being a head coach instead of having to do the defensive coordinators job as well. The university also needs to be willing to open up the checkbook and help make this happen.

If Bo gets fired after winning 9 games over the past few years and now 10/11........this program will not get anyone worth a damn to come here! Look what happened after we fired Solich.......we got Callahan. He was what, our 3rd choice? Bo doesn't need to go, some of his assistants do. He needs to surround himself with proven coaches that have experience so he can worry about being a head coach instead of having to do the defensive coordinators job as well. The university also needs to be willing to open up the checkbook and help make this happen.

I disagree. That is an old arguement for maintaining 'the average'. Good grief, NU footbal is worth more and deserves more than the average status quo. Things are different. NU has shown much more patience wt Bo then we did wt Frank. I think a rising star HC wouldn't think twice about NU wt our upgraded facilities, stadium growth, loyal fan base. Urban Meyer must have thought OSU and the Big 10 had potential. We have every bit the tradition as OSU. We now just need a coach or a coaching staff who can keep up wt Meyer - Bo won't unless he makes some dramatic changes. Past performance is a predictor of future performance if nothing new is added to the equation.

I disagree. That is an old arguement for maintaining 'the average'. Good grief, NU footbal is worth more and deserves more than the average status quo. Things are different. NU has shown much more patience wt Bo then we did wt Frank. I think a rising star HC wouldn't think twice about NU wt our upgraded facilities, stadium growth, loyal fan base. Urban Meyer must have thought OSU and the Big 10 had potential. We have every bit the tradition as OSU. We now just need a coach or a coaching staff who can keep up wt Meyer - Bo won't unless he makes some dramatic changes. Past performance is a predictor of future performance if nothing new is added to the equation.

Where did you get this idea that Nebraska is NOT this training ground for 1st time coaches? What is this sense of entitlement based on that we have never been a training ground for coaches. Devaney was not a 1st time HC, but Osborne and Solich were. Callahan was not. I'm sorry, but this thought that we could get anyone is absurd. I wouldnt call it "settle", but we would have to take a stab at the next hopeful up and comer.

When we went through the coaching search in 2003-04, it was the first legitimate search conducted by the department in 40 years. Osborne was a hire withing. Solich was a hire within. That search was pretty eye-opening to the fact that respectable names from outside the Husker tree simple frowned at the Nebraska job. I bet a couple even laughed at the thought of replacing a 9 win coach that we with the program for nearly 40 years. I

Sorry man....have fun finding someone who's quota is conference championships or natty championships every year OR you're fired. Even Urban Meyer commented on firing coaches after 9-win seasons....and he stated that he would never go to a program that does that. It's like coaching on pins and needles.

Sorry man....have fun finding someone who's quota is conference championships or natty championships every year OR you're fired. Even Urban Meyer commented on firing coaches after 9-win seasons....and he stated that he would never go to a program that does that. It's like coaching on pins and needles.

Exactly!

Exactly!

Heck I would be happy with 1 every 5 years at this point

Exactly!

Heck I would be happy with 1 every 5 years at this point

I know. You so deserve it too.