Huskers' bowl opponent is:

First... I want to thank you all.. I was pretty sure it would be a looonnngg time before I could feel better after that heart wrenching loss in the Georgia Dome Saturday.. BUT... after finding this page, I am much refreshed.

Second.... yes... we had 9 defensive players check into the NFL draft possibilities before the season began and the two that didn't were Alec Ogletree and Jarvis Jones because they already knew they were 1st rounders and YES Aaron Murray is the top rated QB in Div 1 and Gurshall (our tandem of TBs) look like a young Garrison Hearst and some Herschel....

Lastly.... Y'all come on down anyway... Florida beats Nebraska in January anytime...

espn is reporting that Northern Illinois will get into top 16, thus go to BCS, moving OU to cotton.... Cotton will probably take home state A-M (especially Johnny Heisman)......leaving Georgia in Cap 1 vs us.....

I really, really like Mark Richt....hopefully he is nice to us.

REPLY:

The only time that Nebraska and Georgia have met on the gridiron was in the 1969 Sun Bowl. UGA had a 5 - 4 - 1 record entering the bowl game, and Bob Devaney was the Husker's Head Coach. He turned his juggernaut loose on our injury depleted football team to the tune of an embarrassing 45 - 6 beat down!

All of us "old dawgs" have never forgotten how nice Devaney and Nebraska were to us that day, and we will be reminding our players and coaches of how graciously we were treated.

Yes, we will have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

The only time that Nebraska and Georgia have met on the gridiron was in the 1969 Sun Bowl. UGA had a 5 - 4 - 1 record entering the bowl game, and Bob Devaney was the Husker's Head Coach. He turned his juggernaut loose on our injury depleted football team to the tune of an embarrassing 45 - 6 beat down!

All of us "old dawgs" have never forgotten how nice Devaney and Nebraska were to us that day, and we will be reminding our players and coaches of how graciously we were treated.

Yes, we will have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

You get an 'F' for reading comprehension throughout the rest of this thread.

espn is reporting that Northern Illinois will get into top 16, thus go to BCS, moving OU to cotton.... Cotton will probably take home state A-M (especially Johnny Heisman)......leaving Georgia in Cap 1 vs us.....

REPLY:

Yes, we have an angry pack of Dawgs coming your way this year, and it is my sincere hope, and prayer that they will win the 2013 Capitol One Bowl Trophy and administer such a whipping on your team that all of us "old dawgs" can eventually "Rest In Peace" knowing that we finally got you guys "paid back" hopefully with interest compounded!

GO DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

Whatever.........Please refer to the austinhusker video above.

GO DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

Whatever......Please refer to the austinhusket video above

Allow me to apologize for GaDawg's posts above. He does not represent the majority of the Bulldog Nation. I'm not going to lie and say that most Georgia fans aren't still kicking themselves about the non-dropped pass (feels weird typing that) in the SEC Championship Game that kept us from playing for the national championship, but this is the best bowl we could have hoped for after the loss, and most of us will excited about it after we have enough time to get over the loss last Saturday. I suspect many Husker fans will feel the same way after a week or two separates you from the B1G championship game.

I, for one, am excited about playing a great Nebraska program that is steeped in history and has a great group of fans. I've heard many stories about the "Sea of Red" and the great NU fans that travel with their program, and we're looking forward to seeing y'all in Orlando. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

Very possible that Georgia looks at the trip as more of a vacation than as a buisness trip. They could be deflated from the loss and not really care. Or they could win by 30...

There's a good possibility that Nebraska will do the same. I had a feeling that would happen when we got sent to the Holiday Bowl after losing the Big XII Championship in '09, and that's exactly what happened.

Undone, you might not like my reading comprehension; however, my history comprehension is Spot On!

I guess you didn't understand my point.

I'm trying to be genuine here - not looking to piss you off. My point is that after our game Saturday night, nobody here is talking trash. Nobody. We all give Georgia credit (even before the game is played) as being the far superior team.

Take care.

Allow me to apologize for GaDawg's posts above. He does not represent the majority of the Bulldog Nation. I'm not going to lie and say that most Georgia fans aren't still kicking themselves about the non-dropped pass (feels weird typing that) in the SEC Championship Game that kept us from playing for the national championship, but this is the best bowl we could have hoped for after the loss, and most of us will excited about it after we have enough time to get over the loss last Saturday. I suspect many Husker fans will feel the same way after a week or two separates you from the B1G championship game.

I, for one, am excited about playing a great Nebraska program that is steeped in history and has a great group of fans. I've heard many stories about the "Sea of Red" and the great NU fans that travel with their program, and we're looking forward to seeing y'all in Orlando. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

Wow! It looks like I'm not the only one with a reading comprehension problem Vineyarddawg. Nowhere in my posts was I kicking myself for loosing the SEC CG, and nowhere in my posts did I complain about playing in the Capitol One Bowl. Nowhere in my posts did I make the accusation that Nebraska was not a Great University with a rich football heritage. I assure you that I have been around long enough to know that they do.Georgia team Members have been quoted as saying that they are angry for loosing the game against Alabama the way they did, and that they were going to redeem themselves against somebody somewhere in a bowl game. Make no mistake, I am just as thrilled about playing a great Nebraska team in the Capitol One Bowl as you are, and there are no guarantees of victory for either team. I happen to remember the 1969 Sun Bowl and I see nothing wrong with hoping and praying that this UGA football team can avenge that loss in like manner. You obviously lack the competitors spirit that the majority of Bulldog Nation possesses, so you go ahead on with your political correctness, but don't apologize for me for things I did not say.

GO DAWGS!

Undone, please see my reply to vineyarddawg. In all of my years of posting I have never been attacked by anyone for being insensitive to an issue, so this is new to me. I Know that the University of Nebraska has a rich athletic heritage, and that there are no guarantees of victory for either team; Furthermore, there is no guarantee that Georgia is the superior team. That is why they play the game, and I am excited about the opportunity my team has to play such a tradition rich University. It was never my intention ridicule your team or piss you off. Heck, It is we who have never beaten you in football. I was just playing along with all of the guys that were counting them selves out of the contest because I know that they should know better than that, but am I wrong in hoping that my team wins the game to even the series record at 1 - 1? I think not. I apologize if I have offended any of you because my post was intended in the spirit of good natured competition. You Husker fans have no reason not to hold your heads up, and hold them up high!