If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IF Bo leaves, just a name to throw out there. I don't see this as being that realistic, but hey we're talking about who we want, not who we think we'll get right? I'll say Mark Richt.

He's regularly able to compete in the toughest conference in football. They may be overrated at the beginning of the season sometimes, but once again, they're in the SEC, it's not exactly a cakewalk. And he's in a position where no matter what he does, he seems to be on the "hot seat". Factor in the Nebraska roots... who knows.

That said, I'd gladly take Chris Peterson as well.

• Fire 1

IF Bo leaves, just a name to throw out there. I don't see this as being that realistic, but hey we're talking about who we want, not who we think we'll get right? I'll say Mark Richt.

He's regularly able to compete in the toughest conference in football. They may be overrated at the beginning of the season sometimes, but once again, they're in the SEC, it's not exactly a cakewalk. And he's in a position where no matter what he does, he seems to be on the "hot seat". Factor in the Nebraska roots... who knows.

If Richt ever gets fired at Georgia and we have a need for a coach whatsoever (head coach or coordinator) I would hope that we would open the pocketbook to get him here. He's a great guy and a great coach.

Chris Petersen is the top candidate. I think we could attract him with our facilities, fanbase, and resources. Monte Kiffin should definitely be contacted about a DC job to see if he would have any interest. It's all about how you sell the job.

Kiffin is old

I'd take wisdom and experience over what we have right now.

Monte Kiffin

I think he headed back to NFL. Not sure he would make a good HC.

Sorry I wasn't being totally serious, I really can't think of anybody I would want that would actually come here.

No problem. I guy I would like to see coach here, would be, Bill Cowher. I don't think we could afford him though.

+1

Richt almost reminds me of Tom Osborne in a way. If we go our separate ways with Pelini, I'd love to see Richt get some consideration if he's ready to try something different. As for who's on the list, Petersen seems like the obvious choice. I don't think we'll get an opportunity to hire him, though.

I want a Hollywood executive to put together a reality TV show titled: "So you think you can coach @ Nebraska?"

The synopsis of the show being that they scour every Husker football forum for contestants, consisting of a coaching staff being 50% Pro-Pelini and 50% Anti-Pelini and forcing them to live & coach together under the same roof while taking over the reins @ North Stadium.

As an added bonus, bring Tommy Lee back to Lincoln to lead the Husker marching band.

• Fire 2

If Bo goes by way of firing, you can forget about who you want to replace him because they ain't coming. 3 CCG appearances in five seasons (3 in 4 years as some have described it is murky semantic maneuvering, imo) and a ten win season is more than enough to earn more time. If he's let go, we're pretty much out of consideration for any up and coming or established big time coach. Solich was let go almost a decade ago, but people still reference his record when he was let go to this day. SI had an article on him and Ohio and they hit that angle pretty hard just a couple months ago.

Now, if he goes of his own volition, that's a whole different story. And I'm not saying I hope that happens. I'm just saying if he gets fired after this year, get ready to start paying a lot more attention to Darin Erstad and Tim Miles.

I want a Hollywood executive to put together a reality TV show titled: "So you think you can coach @ Nebraska?"

The synopsis of the show being that they scour every Husker football forum for contestants, consisting of a coaching staff being 50% Pro-Pelini and 50% Anti-Pelini and forcing them to live & coach together under the same roof while taking over the reins @ North Stadium.

As an added bonus, bring Tommy Lee back to Lincoln to lead the Husker marching band.

With next years schedule we wouldn't lose more than 4 games with this approach. I like your thinking!

At this point you don't take anyone off the list so I'd look at:

Gruden (would be biggest hire and pub for a college coach in quite awhile)

Petersen (lots said he was not attainable but rumors flying he is considering the likes of Arky)

Smart (he will be a head coach somewhere, we have to look at what he could offer)

Patterson (would be a solid hire)

Strong (would have to look at)

David Shaw (would have to look at)

Perry Fewell (NY Giants DC to re-establish the Blackshirts)

Gundy (would look at but lower compared to the others)

Mike Riley (Oregon St. coach would get a look)

Todd Grantham (Georgia DC would get a look)

No to Tressel, Davis, and Petrino as too much baggage. I don't think Fedora or Malzhan would be a fit. I have not been impressed by Golden or Franklin to consider them for the top job. Chizik (would only consider as a DC). Frost (would consider for position on offensive staff...only think he would come if he knows Chip Kelly will move on soon).

The landscape of college football is changing. Patterson and Gundy must realize the Big 12 has already started to fall apart. Boise St. will be irrelevant in the world of super conferences so Petersen best move to the big leagues.

If Bo goes by way of firing, you can forget about who you want to replace him because they ain't coming. 3 CCG appearances in five seasons (3 in 4 years as some have described it is murky semantic maneuvering, imo) and a ten win season is more than enough to earn more time. If he's let go, we're pretty much out of consideration for any up and coming or established big time coach. Solich was let go almost a decade ago, but people still reference his record when he was let go to this day. SI had an article on him and Ohio and they hit that angle pretty hard just a couple months ago.

Now, if he goes of his own volition, that's a whole different story. And I'm not saying I hope that happens. I'm just saying if he gets fired after this year, get ready to start paying a lot more attention to Darin Erstad and Tim Miles.

What the f are you going on about five seasons? Nebraska has gone to 3 CCG in the last FOUR seasons. Or four years. There's no semantics about it.