VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

If he is making contact for himself, this would be so disingenuous since he is making in home visits this week. I believe he has more integrity than to do something like this. If he was doing something on his own behalf, he would just send his assistants for in home visits. Just my opinion.

Not really. He has to keep moving forward in the job he has. He may not get hired over there, and these kids are not signed, so some might follow him there if he went.

I just don't believe Bo is that kind of person or coach

Ok i've been bored at work and was doing a google search for tennessee coaching news. I came across this Vols news site that you have to have a subscription for. I couldn't read it, but does have a picture of Bo with the article. I've gone through the comments some are readable some up you have to be a subscriber. Some do mention Bo as a possiblity and don't seem to be happy about it. Other names mentioned in their comments are Gruden, Jones and Tubberville.

It has always surprised me that Tennessee hasn't been able to be better than what they have been. SEC school with a huge stadium that is packed every Saturday with rabid fans. I'm sure they have the money to compete with anyone on facilities and coaches.

I guess of any of the SEC teams, I like Tennessee the most. Maybe it's because I was always a Peyton Manning fan. But, honestly, I don't understand why they haven't been able to have the success that LSU and Alabama have had.

Yeah, this. They fired Phil Fulmer 'cause he had a down year or two.

And we as Husker fans have something to say about that? :lol:

It's a bit hypocritical to be criticizing them for that after we fired Solich after a 9-win season and many people want to fire Bo after a 10-win season haha

I'm originally form Alabama and have a lot of family in the SEC area. From what I hear he was more fired like how Callahan was. When he was having a down year he refused to make changes and get in new assistants to replace those who weren't doing their job. After a couple years he was gone. Now i've never lived in nor followed The Vols, but thats what I hear on why he was fired.

fire bo, now thats a hoot!!! lol haha lmao

We are Nebraska, where staffs are expected to stay together for long periods of time. We are Nebraska where we know firing a coach with 9 wins is a crime. We are Nebraska where we know coaches have growing pains and.. we are Nebraska where the fan base has high expectations with nearly unrealistic goals but always, I mean ALWAYS stays loyal.

Bo is not going anywhere. Bo will make changes that will benefit the team and in the end, those whom laugh last will laugh the loudest.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

We are Nebraska, where staffs are expected to stay together for long periods of time. We are Nebraska where we know firing a coach with 9 wins is a crime. We are Nebraska where we know coaches have growing pains and.. we are Nebraska where the fan base has high expectations with nearly unrealistic goals but always, I mean ALWAYS stays loyal.

Bo is not going anywhere. Bo will make changes that will benefit the team and in the end, those whom laugh last will laugh the loudest.

GBR!!!

We are Nebraska, where blowout meltdown after blowout dumpster fire will get the folks talking.

If Bo goes, so does Nathan Gerry, per his tweet yesterday along the lines of....happy to know i'm in good hands for the next 5 years...hash tagging Bo

pretty sure Bo has more integrity than most, especially fans, give him credit for

There are lots of things that happen under the table though.

You're right and I get that. If Bo left, I wouldn't blame him because I'm sure he would have good reason to leave. For one, the un-bo-lievers and local media have more passion writing a negative article about Bo and his tenure than they do writing something positive. When you've put in half a decade of work into a program that truly was irrelavent, probably bordering NCAA sanctions with John Blake on staff, and such a disconnect from community and former players, I'm sure that can get pretty wearing that the loudest voice is someone focused on the glory, not the deed. I don't envy a college coach.

GBR!!!

Look, 9 wins at Nebraska isn't some momentous achievement. Just because Bill Callahan couldn't do it with Solich's "recruits", doesn't mean it's some near-impossible task.

If we're being honest with ourselves, we have a pretty easy path to 9 wins virtually every year.

Bo wasn't hired to win 9-10 games per year, he knows that. I also agree with the sentiment that we can't fire a guy who is doing at least that. But I don't think it's the end of days if he packs his bags and hits the dusty trail. There's tons of coaches who can do what Bo has done at Nebraska. There's probably several who can do much better.

• Fire 1

I've said this every year his name comes up during the carousel month. If Bo isn't happy here, then I'm okay with him looking for another job. I like Bo. Always have. Wild mood swings, be damned. Having said that, I too, want someone that wants to be here. If Bo is just biding his time in hopes of landing elsewhere, then it's time our AD step in and help him land somewhere else. It'd be in everyone's best interest.

I'd +100 if I could on this. These are exactly my sentiments.

You're a mod make it happen.