Gun Control

Roark

Come on Carl, I'm convinced you're being intentionally obtuse now. You know where I'm going with this but would rather argue semantics instead. Select fire is the difference between the pic of the 14s I posted and a true assault rifle. You're not going to squeeze that trigger as quickly as a full auto cycles.

Dummy here ....

What's the difference between M-16 and AR-15 :dunno ? Myself, no difference.

One is a real "assault rifle" and can shoot fully automatic. The other cannot.

Actually, my understanding is that most M-16s in service are no longer fully automatic.

That is correct but they are still select fire, just like some M-4s so his intent is on point. That full auto thing didn't work out very well in Vietnam and sucks for accuracy anyway.

Very true Midnight. The burst is way better for accuracy and getting the amount of rounds into a target for a sure kill without a lot of waste.

Dummy here ....

What's the difference between M-16 and AR-15 :dunno ? Myself, no difference.

One is a real "assault rifle" and can shoot fully automatic. The other cannot.

Actually, my understanding is that most M-16s in service are no longer fully automatic.

That is correct but they are still select fire, just like some M-4s so his intent is on point. That full auto thing didn't work out very well in Vietnam and sucks for accuracy anyway.

Very true Midnight. The burst is way better for accuracy and getting the amount of rounds into a target for a sure kill without a lot of waste.

Know what is even better for accuracy?

Select fire is the difference between the pic of the 14s I posted and a true assault rifle. You're not going to squeeze that trigger as quickly as a full auto cycles.

Did you see me call the Mini 14 an assault rifle anywhere in this thread? Or have you seen me call the Mini 14 an assault rifle anywhere else?

You seem awfully hung up on the term "assault rifle" for someone who is complaining about a focus on semantics. Similarly, you seem awfully misinformed (or at least uninformed) about the Mini 14 for someone who seemed gleeful about other people spreading misinformation.

Carry on.

Select fire is the difference between the pic of the 14s I posted and a true assault rifle. You're not going to squeeze that trigger as quickly as a full auto cycles.

Did you see me call the Mini 14 an assault rifle anywhere in this thread? Or have you seen me call the Mini 14 an assault rifle anywhere else?

You seem awfully hung up on the term "assault rifle" for someone who is complaining about a focus on semantics. Similarly, you seem awfully misinformed (or at least uninformed) about the Mini 14 for someone who seemed gleeful about other people spreading misinformation.

Carry on.

The mini 14 was never the point and I admit that I don't know a lot about this platform. The point was that all of the gun control idiots run around sreaming ban assault rifles when most have no clue as to what one truly is. None of the weapons depicted in that image are assault rifles but I've seen them, and many others, incorrectly (probably intentionally) labeled as such. They are semi-automatic rifles. Nothing more but I'm sure you already knew that as well. My posts were actually directed to Junior as he was the one proposing the ban on assault rifles, high cap mags etc. and you chimed in so that may be where you're getting some of your misguided impressions of my intent.

Again, you knew where I was going with this and you're intentionally muddying the waters. Misinformation indeed.

Have the best day ever.

Edit: So yeah, I'm ALL KINDS of hung up on the term. Its the lynchpin of any gun grabbers argument. And that is just plain dumb.

Midnight, as a fellow gun guy.... just stop. You're coming across as condescending and trying to create an argument where there is none. Carlfense may be a buttface (i keed), but he's a gun guy too.

Stop what? My argument was never with Carl, it was with Junior but apparently Carl felt that it was directed towards him so I got a bit pissy. I have no issues with him, never have. I actually agree with a lot of what he says in other threads and comes across as an intelligent and competent dude.

Why you all up in my Kool Aid, homie?

I thought these were kinda funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHeXC7L85s

http://www.takeonthecode.com/index.html

HOW EVOLVE FORMED:

Evolve was founded at the kitchen table. A place where the most important conversations seem to happen…. What can be done to prevent the next tragedy? Why have we made so little progress in preventing gun violence over the past few decades? And perhaps most importantly, why is there such animosity between the gun community and the rest of the country? It was obvious from the outset that this was not going to be easy.

Guns are a part of America, from the shot heard round the world to present days. How do we as a country begin a productive conversation that protects gun rights, but gives equal consideration to the moral responsibilities that come with those rights?

The key is trust. When a seemingly uncontroversial word like safety becomes politicized, it's no wonder it feels like nothing can get done. How bad is it? Consider that when a non-gun owner mentions 'safety', the gun community interprets that as a ruse meant to hide your true intentions of taking their guns away. So Evolve is consciously apolitical, and doesn't address legislative issues. We've recruited gun owners, manufacturers and retailers to sit alongside non-gun owners. And we hope that we are being as transparent as we can. All to build trust, so that we can all start working together to increase safety and reduce gun violence. And for our first act, we need to take back the word 'safety' so that it isn't on either side, but is universal and politically agnostic.

Why have we made so little progress in preventing gun violence over the past few decades?

Interesting....

From the Bureau of Justice Statistics

LINK

• Firearm-related homicides declined 39%, from 18,253 in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011.
  • Nonfatal firearm crimes declined 69%, from 1.5 million victimizations in 1993 to 467,300 victimizations in 2011.

• 3 weeks later...