Terry Joseph....Alabama

What is the pay difference between what the DB coach gets at Alabama and what TJ is getting here?

As an assistant coach, I wouldn't think just simply the fact of being at Alabama would be that much bigger of a draw than being at Nebraska. It comes down to competing in a major conference with good athletes at a power school that is going to pay you competitively and get you noticed for the next higher up position of DC or HC. Nebraska can offer all of that to an assistant. Especially when we don't really seem to have a problem bringing in top DB talent and putting a really good product on the field in that position.

Joseph is making 230k with a max bonus of 67k.

Jimmy Pruitt (Alabama secondary coach) is making 260k with a max bonus (which they usually get at Alabama) of 52k.

We are sitting at 19th, with a total staff compensation of $4.835 million. That puts us below Virginia Tech, Arizona State, Washington, Iowa, Oklahoma State, etc.

Alabama has a total staff compensation of $9.3 million. Texas almost 9.3. LSU almost 8. Oklahoma 7.56. The problem isn't our headcoach pay, its our assistant pay...specifically the coordinators. And that's a direct result of the quality of coordinators Bo chose to hire.

If this happens, I will friggin' strangle someone. TJ has quickly become maybe my favorite position coach. He got a lot of production out of some less-than-stellar athletes in the secondary this year, and he is one of our best recruiters.

Open the checkbook and ask him how many zeros we should write on it.

Lose one DB coach to LSU the next year possibly to Alabama, I think it is safe to say Bo knows coaching talent when he sees it. It just sucks to continually get dumped by recruits and coaches for a couple SEC programs. I hope Joseph can stick around, our DB talent is pretty comparable to anyone in the country next season.

This is all fine and dandy. Now, if we're so dedicated to get our program back to that elite status, then it's time to start getting out the checkbooks and making this place a destination instead of a damn cherry basket for the Nick Sabans and Les Miles's. If you wanna be the best, you gotta buy the best. Time to fork over the dough.

If Joseph gets equal pay to the departing Alabama secondary coach he will go from 230K to 260K. We are also paying Joseph 30K more than Raymond was getting at Nebraska, when Raymond left for LSU he went from 200K here to 300K down south. Just for informations sake.

We will see if Bama comes after Joseph hard, if they offer what LSU did I think Nebraska will have a hard time matching.

I recall awhile back (summer?) there was an article about the new assistants, TJ and Kaz. Bo made glowing remarks about TJ saying that he will be an excellent DC in the future. He also praised Kaz, but never attributed the DC tag to his name. Whether that was coincidental or not, I don't know? Just an observation I made while reading it.

With that in mind, if Bo were to entice TJ to stay, a pay raise is the obvious 1st step. If he REALLY wants to keep TJ, then perhaps sweeten the deal and give him co-DC title with JP or DC-in-waiting until JP moves elsewhere? I can't imagine JP will be here much longer and will want to get out from under Bo's shadow, sooner than later?

At the time, the "rumor" I heard was pretty reasonable for his firing. And, it was a pretty believable rumor. Nothing necessarily to do with his job other than it was a situation that is not in line with the ethics we want in our coaching staff.

Sanders will not be back at Nebraska. Very sad because he seemed to be very good at what he did and the kids seemed to like him.

However, I think TJ is just as good and coaches a very similar type of DB play. Bo just needs to keep TJ.

• Fire 1

At the time, the "rumor" I heard was pretty reasonable for his firing. And, it was a pretty believable rumor. Nothing necessarily to do with his job other than it was a situation that is not in line with the ethics we want in our coaching staff.

Sanders will not be back at Nebraska. Very sad because he seemed to be very good at what he did and the kids seemed to like him.

However, I think TJ is just as good and coaches a very similar type of DB play. Bo just needs to keep TJ.

Yes, it was pretty strong for just being labeled a "rumor". It also had decent legs and multiple sources.

Now with a new A.D. and the passage of time, perhaps some things would be different, but my guess it that we will not see Sanders back in Lincoln. And that's a shame because he is a great coach.

Yes, it was pretty strong for just being labeled a "rumor". It also had decent legs and multiple sources.

Now with a new A.D. and the passage of time, perhaps some things would be different, but my guess it that we will not see Sanders back in Lincoln. And that's a shame because he is a great coach.

What do you mean "decent legs"? :leghump:

What do you mean "decent legs"? :leghump:

The story was more than a short day or two in existence........

The problem isn't our headcoach pay, its our assistant pay...specifically the coordinators. And that's a direct result of the quality of coordinators Bo chose to hire.

Obviously, some big name programs are trying to poach our coaching staff ... and that's a direct result of the quality of coordinators Bo chose to hire.

The Athletic Department needs to open the checkbook.