Syria

Any U.S. direct military involvement Syria could precipitate a much larger war. Syria has long been a puppet of both Russia and Iran. Removing Syrian the government with American boots on the ground will lead to destabilization of the region.

Let's keep the troops home and just drop bombs.

Any U.S. direct military involvement Syria could precipitate a much larger war. Syria has long been a puppet of both Russia and Iran. Removing Syrian the government with American boots on the ground will lead to destabilization of the region.

No, this is a job for the U.N.

No American involvement what so ever...

The UN. They know how to take care of things.

I'm assuming you forgot to add the "sarcasm" emote

The U.N. is almost as bad as N.A.T.O. which means Not Able To Organize...

I'm assuming you forgot to add the "sarcasm" emote

The U.N. is almost as bad as N.A.T.O. which means Not Able To Organize...

Yes. Major sarcasm. I agree with you on no US involvement as well. I just don't trust anyone but the US to handle the situation.

Yes. Major sarcasm. I agree with you on no US involvement as well. I just don't trust anyone but the US to handle the situation.

It's not that I don't trust anyone but us to handle the situation, I don't care...

If they wiped each other off of the face of the earth, it'd be the best thing...

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I not surprised...

Syrian President Bashar Assad said the regime has received the first shipment of sophisticated Russian anti-aircraft missiles, and the main Western-backed opposition group announced Thursday that it will not participate in peace talks — a double blow to international efforts to end the country's devastating civil war.

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-regime-says-russian-missiles-131926393.html

enhanced-buzz-10513-1369883328-6.jpg

The photo, released by McCain’s office, shows McCain with a group of rebels. Among them are two men identified in the Lebanese press as Mohamed Nour and Abu Ibrahim, two of the kidnappers of the group from Lebanon.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/mccain-didnt-realize-he-was-posing-with-rebel-kidnapper?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fine work, Sen. McCain. Fine work. :facepalm:

When Cooper asked McCain how weapons would be prevented from falling into the hands of extremists, the senator said extremist fighters compose a small fraction of Syria's rebel forces: 7,000 pro-al Qaeda fighters from the al-Nusra front among some 100,000 insurgents.

"Every single day, more and more extremists flow in … but they still do not make up a sizable portion," McCain told Cooper. "We can identify who these people are. We can help the right people."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/mccain-we-can-help-right-people-in-syria

Thank goodness we have Barack Obama in the White House and not John McCain.

• Fire 2

Why am I not surprised...

Syrian President Bashar Assad said the regime has received the first shipment of sophisticated Russian anti-aircraft missiles, and the main Western-backed opposition group announced Thursday that it will not participate in peace talks — a double blow to international efforts to end the country's devastating civil war.

http://news.yahoo.co...-131926393.html

That ought to piss the Israelis off.