Jadeveon Clowney hit

wax

The hit was great but what made it ten times greater was the sequence of events leading up to the play. For those of you that did not watch, Michigan went for it on fourth down, they ran the ball and it was close so the refs brought out the chains. On television, and apparently in person, it appeared that UM was well short but the refs gave the Wolverines the first down. Spurrier went crazy and challenged the spot but it remained Michigan's ball. After the ten minute pause that this ordeal created Clowney rumbled out on the field and made that monster hit on the ensuing first down.

cYo1B.png

It was epic. It was as if he said "You won't give us the ball? Fine, I'll take it."

fb.jpg

The hit was great but what made it ten times greater was the sequence of events leading up to the play. For those of you that did not watch, Michigan went for it on fourth down, they ran the ball and it was close so the refs brought out the chains. On television, and apparently in person, it appeared that UM was well short but the refs gave the Wolverines the first down. Spurrier went crazy and challenged the spot but it remained Michigan's ball. After the ten minute pause that this ordeal created Clowney rumbled out on the field and made that monster hit on the ensuing first down.

cYo1B.png

It was epic. It was as if he said "You won't give us the ball? Fine, I'll take it."

fb.jpg

Yeah, I switched over after a chain of LULZ appeared on another forum and caught the sequence. Simply amazing...this is why football is the greatest sport on earth.

cYo1B.png

fb.jpg

Yeah, I switched over after a chain of LULZ appeared on another forum and caught the sequence. Simply amazing...this is why football is the greatest sport on earth.

Amazing that particular ref can be in two spots simultaneously. Looks like the same guy who couldn't find his flag on Murrays intentional grounding, but it suddenly materialized on TMarts throw moments later...

• 6 months later...

Why it was not that spectacular of a play:

1. The tight end failed to even get a hand on him. Give 3/4 of the defensive starters on a D1 school a straight shot at a defenseless player and they'd do the same amount of damage.
  2. As mentioned above, the guy was just receiving the handoff and couldn't even make a cut or anything.

Not downplaying Clowney, I just feel as though people are going to make this the play he's remembered by, and he's had way better plays than that. Like the rest of our society, we're taught to be all about the flash and bang of this one play without looking at the intangibles of the play. Show a play of him doing work, that's what's impressive to me. Not a straight shot at a guy getting a handoff.

1. The tight end failed to even get a hand on him. Give 3/4 of the defensive starters on a D1 school a straight shot at a defenseless player and they'd do the same amount of damage.
  2. As mentioned above, the guy was just receiving the handoff and couldn't even make a cut or anything.

Not downplaying Clowney, I just feel as though people are going to make this the play he's remembered by, and he's had way better plays than that. Like the rest of our society, we're taught to be all about the flash and bang of this one play without looking at the intangibles of the play. Show a play of him doing work, that's what's impressive to me. Not a straight shot at a guy getting a handoff.

It was a nice play, especially since it caused a fumble. But if the guys helmet stayed on, we would have been done talking about it the day after the game.

It was a nice play, especially since it caused a fumble. But if the guys helmet stayed on, we would have been done talking about it the day after the game.

Absolutely, a huge play in the game, but it's amazing to me how many people (especially around where I live) won't shut up about it. If you don't understand the game of football, it's best to keep quiet. Many far better plays by him than that, some even against my Tigers. I'm not afraid to admit it.