Why is John Papuchis still employed by UNL

Wisconsin is no longer better than Nebraska. They have fallen a whole level, if not 2, below us. I would say Nebraska is a level 3, close to two. Ohio St, yes, and an obvious 1.

My friend, your posts are usually very good and your assessments quite good... always like hearing what you have to say. That is honest.

Now your assessment of Wisconsin relative to the Huskers... I have a hard time conceiving of that quick a change... as Wisconsin (while i hate that program and wish it were not the case) were way, way, way better than the Huskers last year... how, all of a sudden, has that changed?

So... why do you think NU is better than a team that toyed with and hung 70 points on us in a laughable monstrous blowout? On what basis has NU caught up to Wisconsin (and passed them!)?

Thank You. I appreciate that.

In regards to Wisconsin, it was already stated above about the departures of most of their staff, their only bit of offensive production in Ball, White, and I'll add Abbredaris to that list. There will be new coaching staff all across the board. They have also lost numerous recruits already. They still do not have a proven qb, and what they do have will most likely be trying to adjust to a new system. Yes, it is safe to say Wisconsin was better or equal to us this past season, but the key word there is "past". Not anymore. Not at this moment, or for the coming season for that matter. With an Offense returning all but a couple-3 starters, and a defense that just has to be better some way or another, it's safe to say Nebraska will be a level, if not 2, above Wisconsin according to your scale. I still say right now, until mistakes are cleaned up, that Nebraska is level 3, and very close to being a 2.

The same has been said about Wisconsin several times, but for the last ten years or so they have figured out how to be competitive, until they are not, the benefit of the doubt should be given, as you do with Nebraska. I know your a homer, lol. But Alverez is not an idiot, he picked the last head coach, and most did not like him or the job he did. Have they even got a new coach, I really have not heard. But they have a fleet of big old uglies up front and will reload that is my guess. That is what it takes to win, and until they do not have those, I will consider them in the hunt and after last year a level or two above us. We have yet to prove we belong above the fifith tier it seems as we end up every year right about where we are this year.

I would have no complaints if that is where we belonged, but I think the team is better than where we have landed. I am hoping with another year of experience the staff makes headway on learning to be a division one staff. Georgia game gave me some hope, not so much as how we played, but the fact that we did play. They are still listening, can the staff get the word accross will be the question. Still awfully worried about a large number of freshmen starting that do not have a lick of division one time.

And in honesty I am not as certain that this offense can put up numbers at will as some are. Top teams shut us down when it was needed. Not sure we could score at will or we were allowed to score being two or three touch downs down. The offense is the strong suit and we have the main nucleous back.

But under no circumstance are we on par with Ohio State and depending what Michigan gets back we maybe below them. They played a South Carolina team very close and should have won, remembering that SC curb stomped Georgia something like 35-7.

for the last ten years or so they have 1 turnover at the coach position. Even he had a down 6-win year once. But if you look at all the factors surrounding Wisconsin, They were 8-6 this year. They have no proven quarterback. The 3 guys that made up probably 85% of their offense are gone. Their studs on the defense are gone. They will have a new staff, and they are seeing recruits dropping like flies. No, I dont question the ability of Alvarez to hire the right guy, or the program as a whole to be competitive, but next year-2013-Wisconsin will be down. Probably quite a ways down. They are going to struggle. Compare that to Nebraska and all the +'s we have. Offense pretty much returning as a whole. Coaching staff fully in-tact. Proven qb. Too many upsides and I'm just saying that Nebraska will be a couple levels ahead of Wisconsin next year. Year's after? Who knows.

for the last ten years or so they have 1 turnover at the coach position. Even he had a down 6-win year once. But if you look at all the factors surrounding Wisconsin, They were 8-6 this year. They have no proven quarterback. The 3 guys that made up probably 85% of their offense are gone. Their studs on the defense are gone. They will have a new staff, and they are seeing recruits dropping like flies. No, I dont question the ability of Alvarez to hire the right guy, or the program as a whole to be competitive, but next year-2013-Wisconsin will be down. Probably quite a ways down. They are going to struggle. Compare that to Nebraska and all the +'s we have. Offense pretty much returning as a whole. Coaching staff fully in-tact. Proven qb. Too many upsides and I'm just saying that Nebraska will be a couple levels ahead of Wisconsin next year. Year's after? Who knows.

What you say makes sense... maybe they will be down (probably they will be... but I'd still think they will be pretty good)... but if so they have a long way to fall before NU is even with them.

Wisconsin hired a helluva HC who I would take over Bret Beluga Bielema every day of the week and twice on the sabbath.

Who is it?

Regardless, it's still staff turnover with no proven qb and a lot of playmakers gone from both sides, which will be very stressful for the team this coming season.

Gary Andersen - Head Coach

Dave Aranda - Defensive Coordinator/LBs

Andy Ludwig - Offensive Coordinator/QBs

Jay Boulware - Tight ends

Bill Busch - Secondary

Thomas Hammock - Assistant head coach/RBs/Recruiting Coordinator

Chad Kauha'aha'a - Defensive Line

Ben Strickland - Secondary

T.J. Woods - Offensive Line