Why is John Papuchis still employed by UNL

Bo's quote on the screen pass that went for an 87 yard touchdown in the Georgia game: "I made a bad call."

Bo's quote about the late calls in the Penn State game that led to the "discussion" with Stafford: "I put the guys in bad position with some late calls."

Sounds to me like Bo makes the calls, and in my book that is coordinating the defense, regardless of Papuchis' job title.

Bo's quote on the screen pass that went for an 87 yard touchdown in the Georgia game: "I made a bad call."

Bo's quote about the late calls in the Penn State game that led to the "discussion" with Stafford: "I put the guys in bad position with some late calls."

Sounds to me like Bo makes the calls, and in my book that is coordinating the defense, regardless of Papuchis' job title.

OK finally some substance. I usually don't listen to post game comments. thank you.

This might be a dead horse issue but I really don't care.

John Papuchis has no business coordinating the defense at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini made a mistake elevating him to this position. It is obvious his player development, player motivation, and defensive scheming are lacking. The man has shown he is unqualified and too inexperienced to take on such a role at Nebraska. This program merits individuals with head coaching experience or the great potential to be a head coach in that role. WIth the amount of money we as fans pump into that school no price should be too high. I have been too patient and do not accept the defensive product Nebraska put on the field this past season as acceptable. It needs to be fixed immediately.

Not for nothing, but this could all come to a head at this time next year...

With the significantly weaker schedule this year, if we keep getting lit up, then Ithere should be a discussion about possibly making a change.

i feel like this topic has been discussed before and the answer is always the same Papuchis is not really the defensive coordinator Bo Pelini is and the reason why the defense looked like sh#t this year is because we didnt have the players to run it and the coaches failed to adjust the scheme to fit the personnel why do people keep bringing it up just hope we will be better next year and move on

• Fire 1

i feel like this topic has been discussed before and the answer is always the same Papuchis is not really the defensive coordinator Bo Pelini is and the reason why the defense looked like sh#t this year is because we didnt have the players to run it and the coaches failed to adjust the scheme to fit the personnel why do people keep bringing it up just hope we will be better next year and move on

What cracks me up is that in LumberJack's sig line is "There is always next season"...

John Papuchis has no business coordinating the defense at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini made a mistake elevating him to this position. It is obvious his player development, player motivation, and defensive scheming are lacking. The man has shown he is unqualified and too inexperienced to take on such a role at Nebraska. This program merits individuals with head coaching experience or the great potential to be a head coach in that role. WIth the amount of money we as fans pump into that school no price should be too high. I have been too patient and do not accept the defensive product Nebraska put on the field this past season as acceptable. It needs to be fixed immediately.

With the significantly weaker schedule this year, if we keep getting lit up, then Ithere should be a discussion about possibly making a change.

what sucks about this is that next year was set up to be our season to make an NC run. This season was supposed to be an 8-4 year building the foundation for that run. Instead we redshirted the foundation, and are now looking at next year as a probably 11 win season instead of a likely 13 win season.

• Fire 1

what sucks about this is that next year was set up to be our season to make an NC run. This season was supposed to be an 8-4 year building the foundation for that run. Instead we redshirted the foundation, and are now looking at next year as a probably 11 win season instead of a likely 13 win season.

Who is thinking that next year isn't the year to make a run? We have an offense that can score on anyone and should be better next year. We have a defense that should be improved unless we get hit hard with injuries on the line. We have the best schedule set up for a sweep in the last 5 years.

Next year is still our best year for making a run. We have a lot of very good young talent on this team that will have been in the program for at least a year.