Brian Kelly to the Eagles. Who can we steal?

While I find it amusing that ND amounted to no more than an after thought for decades and FINALLY have a coach that took them to an NC game and that coach is now interviewing to move on, at the same time it is a little frustrating.

We need more northern teams that are good and competing for NCs. ND was able to do that this year. Hopefully in the not too distant future Nebraska will be there too. ND isn't any more important to college football than any other program. So, I want to puke when I hear people asking if college football is better with ND good simply because it is intended to mean that some how ND is more important than everyone else. BUT, in reality, it is to an extent better off because it is a northern school.

I like how Kelly said literally a day or two before the NC that he is at his dream job, and there is no reason to pursue an NFL job because he currently has the best job in the nation.

There is literally no loyalty these days.

well for some people reaching the height of their profession is their goal in life. NFL is the highest there is for a coach. If he is happy at Notre Dame he will stay if not move on. But if his dream is to coach in the NFL you can't really blame him.

Can't see why you'd leave a place like Notre Dame to go baby sit a bunch of overpaid a$$-hats in the NFL. If he doesn't like the recruiting aspect of the college level, I could see the move. It's certainly far more consuming to be at Nortre Dame than the Eagles. But to me I don't see the NFL HC job as the highest there is for a coach. It's different, but I don't see it as being any higher. Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, etc....those are the pinnacle of the coaching profession IMO.

I like how Kelly said literally a day or two before the NC that he is at his dream job, and there is no reason to pursue an NFL job because he currently has the best job in the nation.

There is literally no loyalty these days.

well for some people reaching the height of their profession is their goal in life. NFL is the highest there is for a coach. If he is happy at Notre Dame he will stay if not move on. But if his dream is to coach in the NFL you can't really blame him.

I agree with this, but there's more to it than that. When he comes out publicly and says, "ND is my dream job, why would I leave?" and then proceeds to be courted by NFL teams, then he's a hypocrite.