DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

I would respectfully disagree with this Chris.

I realize if he was to eventually become an elite player here at Nebraska, he would be recognized for his accomplishments and that probably would open up (MORE) & (LOCAL) doors for him but depending upon the opportunity (job) I believe a Stanford education (degree) would be a plus over a Nebraska education (degree). I believe if Warren Buffet was interviewing someone for a respectable position at Berkshire, the Stanford stamp would over shadow the Husker career. IMHO

I agree w/ you on the value of the degree, certainly. In my experience though, it's more who you know...than what you know. And in that case, he'll have an easier time not only finding a job, but finding a great job if he has that local network already built (and it's something that takes years to develop).

Now, if he was going up against himself with a Stanford degree...he's gonna lose. But I think he'll have enough opportunities that it will more than negate that.

On a side note...I got hired for my 2nd job, because the Director of IT flat out said he'd never hired a Nebraska kid that didn't work his ass off. The Nebraska brand carries weight. He'll do fine wherever he goes, just needs to work his ass off.

I would respectfully disagree with this Chris.

I realize if he was to eventually become an elite player here at Nebraska, he would be recognized for his accomplishments and that probably would open up (MORE) & (LOCAL) doors for him but depending upon the opportunity (job) I believe a Stanford education (degree) would be a plus over a Nebraska education (degree). I believe if Warren Buffet was interviewing someone for a respectable position at Berkshire, the Stanford stamp would over shadow the Husker career. IMHO

I agree w/ you on the value of the degree, certainly. In my experience though, it's more who you know...than what you know. And in that case, he'll have an easier time not only finding a job, but finding a great job if he has that local network already built (and it's something that takes years to develop).

Now, if he was going up against himself with a Stanford degree...he's gonna lose. But I think he'll have enough opportunities that it will more than negate that.

On a side note...I got hired for my 2nd job, because the Director of IT flat out said he'd never hired a Nebraska kid that didn't work his ass off. The Nebraska brand carries weight. He'll do fine wherever he goes, just needs to work his ass off.

Agreed, I believe the family is from Wisconsin or in that area though (Family tree and all) so although his schooling up to this point has been here in Big Red Country, his family relocated here. Too bad (we) can't make pitches to him like what you just said. He does like to tweet though...hmmm~emm!

hahaha! :D

Yes this really flipping sucks from a fans perspective, but you can't blame him. The Education for one, then all the bashing and everything his mom had to listen to, then looking at where he will fit in to the program...well like others have said he will just be a better fit for their program, but it still flipping sucks losing an instate kid of this caliber.

Like others have mentioned, he is a better fit in Stanford's defensive system. In our system, I don't think he would have been more than a (quality) backup.

I'm guessing he told Tanner Farmer like a week ago, because looking at T.F account that is when they really stopped tweeting each other as they are, and probably will continue to be good friends.