DE Harrison Phillips [Stanford - Signed LOI]

I think Phillips should wrestle in college.

You hate our Nebraska kids Paul!!!! First Kenzo and now this?!?!?!

I think a PC vs EZ-E thread would be epic! :lol:

Paul is still a tad annoyed that we found out we are distantly related. :) :)

He's talking about an old fashioned no holds barred, bar back room karaoke song off you queers

Will Eric Bice be hitting the stage?? Or will the people be tired of being taken advantage of???

• Fire 1

But seriously. Harrison probably will be a tremendous football player, but damn this kid is a beast on the mat.

Personally I like Stoltenberg more. The ceiling potential is just higher. As has been stated his frame allows for so many options. As I have started Steve Warren says he has "it" Has a little Vandenbosh in him, and Steve is a guy that may know a thing our two about things like that. From what I have been told the staff also likes him a hair more than Harrison.

Do I think Harrison could play here, absolutely. With a great showing at camp, and another great season the potential is there. However do I think he could step in and be a starting heavyweight at the division one level maybe more so.

He's talking about an old fashioned no holds barred, bar back room karaoke song off you queers

Will Eric Bice be hitting the stage?? Or will the people be tired of being taken advantage of???

f#*k yeah. When Bice takes the stage it will take this show to a who new level.

Appears both Phillips and Stoltenberg will get a serious look at O-line at camp. They think Phillips strength, motor, and wrestling ability may work well at center.

I would say it is a risk to assume either one could put on the weight to play O-line.

Guessing we'd have input from our S&C program on whether they can put on the right kind of size. We do already have several offers out to OL-recruits that are fairly similarly sized that we won't have gotten as good a look at. Phillips is supposed to get a look at 3-technique too. Maybe nothing comes of all this with him or Stoltenberg(slight edge to Stoltenberg) but should be interesting.

Appears both Phillips and Stoltenberg will get a serious look at O-line at camp. They think Phillips strength, motor, and wrestling ability may work well at center.

I would say it is a risk to assume either one could put on the weight to play O-line.

Caputo and pensick are not much bigger than Phillips. Phillips wouldn't.be a guy who.played right away. He could redshirt and easily put on enough weight to play center. We pull with our center aloy so.they need to be.quick rather than big.

Phillips spoke last week with Nebraska assistant coach Barney Cotton.

"He said they want the strength and conditioning coach to look at me and determine how much weight they can put on me," Phillips said. "They want to see if I'm big enough to play a three-technique (interior lineman) or if I'm going to be better off at end. They might even move me to center if I can get to around 270 (pounds)."

Phillips plays left tackle for Millard West "mostly because I'm the biggest guy on the team," he said. The possibility of Phillips playing center in college intrigues Wildcats coach Kirk Peterson.

"He's a good athlete, that's the No. 1 thing," the coach said. "He's played defensive end in high school, and coaches are looking at maybe moving him inside, because he has room to grow. Schools can project whether they can take a good athlete and maybe make him an offensive lineman.

"To have options, that really helps him maybe get that offer from Nebraska."

LJS Article