There may be serious NCAA sanctions coming for Oregon soon. The investigation is winding down and almost complete so.... we will see.

I have been following Oregon and NCAA violations - what are they looking into and is stuff that would fall directly on Kelly's shoulders?

If it does fall on Kelly's shoulders, how does that effect his job in the NFL? The Eagles HC position? The NFL has already set the precident that they can and will punish for actions prior in college with the Tressel and Pryor situation.

^ think harder.

Just because you don't like our coaching staff, doesn't mean I have to as well. Would you get rid of Fisher, Els, Joseph, Kaz, Brown, Papuchis or Beck for him? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. His resume doesn't speak enough to replace a single one of those guys. Sure you could say Garrison or Barney, which I am assuming you are saying, but really... hire someone with NO experience in coaching that part over two guys who have helped produce a top 10 rushing team?

There may be serious NCAA sanctions coming for Oregon soon. The investigation is winding down and almost complete so.... we will see.

I have been following Oregon and NCAA violations - what are they looking into and is stuff that would fall directly on Kelly's shoulders?

If it does fall on Kelly's shoulders, how does that effect his job in the NFL? The Eagles HC position? The NFL has already set the precident that they can and will punish for actions prior in college with the Tressel and Pryor situation.

I don't think Pete Carroll didn't suffer any repercussions when he bolted for the NFL as soon as USC was getting hammered.

If Oregon's OC is supposedly being moved to HC, I'm assuming Scott is moving up to OC. If that happens, it could be safe to say he will now not leave Oregon unless for and Head Coach position.

I don't think Pete Carroll didn't suffer any repercussions when he bolted for the NFL as soon as USC was getting hammered.

That was also before the NFL handed out some minor hand-slaps to Tressel and Pryor. Both were banned from participating for a while. Pete Carroll pulled his shananigans before that.

Maybe so. Then why didnt he go to the Eagles a week ago? If he was so sure of leaving, why didnt he contact Philly and say "hey, look at meee" a week ago before making an announcement that he was staying. It just leads me to believe that in this last week, he's found something out that we dont know yet sanction-wise. Maybe we wouldve heard about this already if it wasnt for this Lance Armstrong BS, but this story seems to have come out of nowhere.

^ think harder.

Just because you don't like our coaching staff, doesn't mean I have to as well. Would you get rid of Fisher, Els, Joseph, Kaz, Brown, Papuchis or Beck for him? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. His resume doesn't speak enough to replace a single one of those guys. Sure you could say Garrison or Barney, which I am assuming you are saying, but really... hire someone with NO experience in coaching that part over two guys who have helped produce a top 10 rushing team?

those same two guys that ranked 105th in sacks allowed - for a team that rarely drops back to pass? You're right...we definitely need both of them in there. Those same two that led a line that ranked 98th in tackles for loss allowed? No kidding...we should probably hire a 3rd OL coach to be honest w/ you.

• Fire 1

Does anyone else think our O-line would play better if we just slowed this damn tempo down a little bit. I know fast break offenses are stressful for defense, but an offense has it's handful of 300+ pound guys going fast break too. I'm not suggesting we scrap the no-huddle, but should we slow down our pace a little? Would this in turn helf the defense too?

^ think harder.

those same two guys that ranked 105th in sacks allowed - for a team that rarely drops back to pass? You're right...we definitely need both of them in there. Those same two that led a line that ranked 98th in tackles for loss allowed? No kidding...we should probably hire a 3rd OL coach to be honest w/ you.

So your suggesting you would fire Garrison and Cotton to hire Frost to coach a position he has no experience at then? That just sounds like a BRILLIANT idea, then we can listen to people like you bitch away the next season because we have an inexperienced assistant who could possibly not even run a top 10 rush offense.

You do realize, when you have a mobile QB, your going to have more sacks and TFL than say, someone who runs a pro style offense, where they stay in the pocket rather than move out, like Taylor does.

Just because you don't like our coaching staff, doesn't mean I have to as well. Would you get rid of Fisher, Els, Joseph, Kaz, Brown, Papuchis or Beck for him?

Yes to the bold. (Not because I think that they're bad . . .) Plus, I can think of one particular coach that isn't on your list . . .

Let me guess, Bo?? :rolleyes:

So you would fire these coaches, but you don't think they are bad?

And people wonder why we can't find good assistants to come here lol. I am glad most of this board can't control the firing/hiring, because we would have a new coach every week.

Why Kaz? Because he didn't have the type of players he works with as his FIRST year here?

Why Fisher? Because we don't have the best receiving core that Nebraska has had? We do have the best receiving core, IMO ever.

Why Els? Because he isn't a great recruiter who all these 4* commits admire and want to play for? Els is the reason our recruiting has gone up these past two years.