^ think harder.

Just because you don't like our coaching staff, doesn't mean I have to as well. Would you get rid of Fisher, Els, Joseph, Kaz, Brown, Papuchis or Beck for him? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. His resume doesn't speak enough to replace a single one of those guys. Sure you could say Garrison or Barney, which I am assuming you are saying, but really... hire someone with NO experience in coaching that part over two guys who have helped produce a top 10 rushing team?

I say we move cotton to the AD. We know Becks gonna move when he get the right head coaching gig so make Scott a passing game coordinator and learn under beck so we have someone inside with knowledge of our offense, NU's old option Of, and a top notch one he's been around at Oregon. We'd have a loyal NU alum who would hopefully stay with us for a long while.

^ think harder.

Just because you don't like our coaching staff, doesn't mean I have to as well. Would you get rid of Fisher, Els, Joseph, Kaz, Brown, Papuchis or Beck for him? I know I sure in the hell wouldn't. His resume doesn't speak enough to replace a single one of those guys. Sure you could say Garrison or Barney, which I am assuming you are saying, but really... hire someone with NO experience in coaching that part over two guys who have helped produce a top 10 rushing team?

I say we move cotton to the AD. We know Becks gonna move when he get the right head coaching gig so make Scott a passing game coordinator and learn under beck so we have someone inside with knowledge of our offense, NU's old option Of, and a top notch one he's been around at Oregon. We'd have a loyal NU alum who would hopefully stay with us for a long while.

I guarantee Frost won't leave to go anywhere, unless its an OC job. Even if it pays a little more, but I don't see Nebraska paying him what he would want for a lateral move. As much as I like Frost, as he was my role model and idol growing up, I am not too keen on him becoming an assistant here, until he has more experience being an OC elsewhere. I have heard we have gone after him for assistant positions before, but I don't think he is remotely interested in coming back here. I don't blame him in a way either.

There may be serious NCAA sanctions coming for Oregon soon. The investigation is winding down and almost complete so.... we will see.

I have been following Oregon and NCAA violations - what are they looking into and is stuff that would fall directly on Kelly's shoulders?

If it does fall on Kelly's shoulders, how does that effect his job in the NFL? The Eagles HC position? The NFL has already set the precident that they can and will punish for actions prior in college with the Tressel and Pryor situation.

I don't think Pete Carroll didn't suffer any repercussions when he bolted for the NFL as soon as USC was getting hammered.

Most of what I have seen is recruiting violations involving a recruiting service, the money $25000.00 and how the recruits were transported, on who's dime and was it official or not... but I am no authority on the matter. I will say the NCAA tried to sit down and work with Oregon over the allegations. Kind of like a mediation prior to the end of the investigation and Oregon failed to live up to their part bad enough the NCAA walked a way.... Bad start to that process...

I think the desire to have Scott here is a keenjerk reaction to the success that he has been a part of at Oregon. It's no different than when we wanted Bo to be our head coach in 2003 because of the little bit of success he had a hand in then. Well, we got that, and now, for many, that's not good enough anymore either.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 5 years' successful collegiate/professional coaching experience. Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations required. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes. Preference will be given to candidates who effectively communicate a plan of action for program improvement, have been affiliated with highly successful elite program(s), have demonstrated knowledge and implementation of offensive and/or defensive strategies, have demonstrated understanding of the University of Oregon Football program and can highlight consistent and significant skill development of student-athletes both individually and collectively.

Oh the irony.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 5 years' successful collegiate/professional coaching experience. Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations required. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes. Preference will be given to candidates who effectively communicate a plan of action for program improvement, have been affiliated with highly successful elite program(s), have demonstrated knowledge and implementation of offensive and/or defensive strategies, have demonstrated understanding of the University of Oregon Football program and can highlight consistent and significant skill development of student-athletes both individually and collectively.

Oh the irony.

Lets be honest. In the grand scheme of things, knowledge of the NCAA rule book is more of a luxury than a requirement these days. And until these coaches can't pick up and leave programs they themselves got in trouble without serious repercussions, then does it even matter.