Kicker Transferring In?

A Leatherneck. This cat is from my neck of the woods. Looks like he is from Quincy originally. Might be decent competition for Mauro "The Skinny Situation" Bondi

I attended school there. Never heard of this kid but then again i think i only attended 1 football game in the 2 1/2 yrs i was out there. Just something about growing up going to nebraska games that made WIU games zero fun

Unless there's been a rule change I don't know about, he won't have to sit. Western Illinois isn't a D1 school.

:yeah

You have to sit a year when moving up divisions but do not have to when moving down divisions. This kicker is set up just like Russell Wilson. He has one year of eligibility left and does not have to sit regardless of where he goes.

Unless there's been a rule change I don't know about, he won't have to sit. Western Illinois isn't a D1 school.

:yeah

You have to sit a year when moving up divisions but do not have to when moving down divisions. This kicker is set up just like Russell Wilson. He has one year of eligibility left and does not have to sit regardless of where he goes.

I don't think that's correct. It's the entire reason why guys transfer to 1-AA - to not lose a year of eligibility. I'll see if I can find an example or the NCAA rule.

Here's a link a quick google search gave me:

"If the transfer student is attending a bowl sub-division football school and transfers to a championship sub-division football school, he may be eligible for this one-time transfer exception only if he has two or more seasons of competition remaining in football."

Here's a better description of the rules. It appears Hedley is correct - you can get a waiver for transferring down but not up. 4-2-4 transfers through a JUCO may apparently get waived as well.

Edit: And the graduate student and hardship waivers are also available.

I thought Wilson's deal was that he had 1 year of eligibility left, but the only reason he didn't have to sit was due to him pursuing a masters at Wisconsin.

And NC State didn't offer the program he wanted to study.

Masoli was able to do the same thing when he left Oregon for Mississippi. Oregon didn't have a Master's of PE program ;)

I just read the transfer rules. Hedley does appear to be correct. I seems you do have to sit a year when moving up a level. I didn't think that was the case, but it seems to be. I stand corrected.