Kicker Transferring In?

I know a few guys who tried out for the team last semester and both got turned away. Both have 60+ range (indoors) and are pretty accurate inside 50. Probably not Maher-quality, but still damn good kickers. It didn't really sound like they got a very fair tryout, as could be expected when Asshat is in charge.

Anyway, the fact that we turned them down tells me the staff is pretty high on at least one of Bondi, Lindsey, or this new transfer. So take that for what it's worth, but if we struggle in the kicking game next year I'm going to be pretty upset with the staff.

60+ range and accurate up to 50? Let me know when your friends are kicking in the nfl ;)

That's indoors without a snap/hold, and defense trying to block. I'm pretty sure most NFL/good NCAA kickers can do 70 in that environment.

It didn't really sound like they got a very fair tryout, as could be expected when Asshat is in charge.

Excuse me?

Less commonly known as Jeff Jamrog.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Western Illinois kicker Pat Smith just told me he'll be transferring to Nebraska for his senior season. #huskers

Since Smith is enrolling into graduate school, he's eligible to kick immediately, but obviously has to win the job in fall camp. #huskers

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen

Pat Smith's addition will make the NU kicker battle very interesting. Bondi still the favorite, but Smith should have a real shot.

Pat Smith: "Really sometimes you’ve got to roll the dice and take a chance of being great than just being content where you are at.”