**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Stars hired Lindy Ruff today (I don't have a link; I just got an update on my Gamecenter app)

yup, and the Blueshirts got the douche from Vancouver...

Yeah, wasn't sure about this hire. How many times did he say "Original six" in his statement. I hope he brings the spark back and puts his foot up Nash's ass

Stars hired Lindy Ruff today (I don't have a link; I just got an update on my Gamecenter app)

yup, and the Blueshirts got the douche from Vancouver...

Yeah, wasn't sure about this hire. How many times did he say "Original six" in his statement. I hope he brings the spark back and puts his foot up Nash's ass

I'll watch the press conference when I get home, but he looks like one of those asshats who should be sipping an effeminate coffee by the Seine River...

Yeah, another great game in the series. It's hard to believe nobody has dropped the gloves yet (if they did I missed it). There were a few cheapshots tonight that woulda started something regular season but not in a one or two point cup finals. I like that about hockey; those guys are in complete control even when fighting or taking a cheapshot. If some other pro sports were played with the same amount of heart.................heck, I might even watch the NBA again.

• Fire 1

Seattle?!

http://seattletimes.com/html/hockey/2021243337_coyotes22xml.html

Renaissance is said to be seeking up to $15 million per year in revenue guarantees from the city. The city has budgeted for only $6 million, and the sides are seeking ways to bridge the gap.

If they can’t do it, the NHL has warned it could sell the team to New York hedge fund investors Ray Bartoszek and Anthony Lanza, who would move the Coyotes to Seattle. But the feasibility of such a move remains in question, given the Coyotes would have to play in a temporary facility — 11,000-seat KeyArena being the most likely choice — and hope a new arena could be built.

Seattle?!

http://seattletimes....yotes22xml.html

Renaissance is said to be seeking up to $15 million per year in revenue guarantees from the city. The city has budgeted for only $6 million, and the sides are seeking ways to bridge the gap.

If they can’t do it, the NHL has warned it could sell the team to New York hedge fund investors Ray Bartoszek and Anthony Lanza, who would move the Coyotes to Seattle. But the feasibility of such a move remains in question, given the Coyotes would have to play in a temporary facility — 11,000-seat KeyArena being the most likely choice — and hope a new arena could be built.

what is it with leagues trying to keep teams where the fans don't support them? They should be moved to where they will get the support of the city.

Since it's a slow news day, what would the mascot be for a team in Seattle? Do they keep the Coyotes name? Do they go back to one of the old Seattle team names (Metropolitans, Ironmen, Bombers, Americans, Totems)?

How about Super Sonics. :D