**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

I'm a little surprised that the Pens traded Tyler Kennedy away. There were times during the playoffs where he looked like the only guy who wanted to play.

He had 5 points in 9 games, I believe. TK's performance was definitely there in the playoffs, I agree.

I've heard both sides of the coin on that trade. Some liked him, some didn't. I see it somewhat as a cost savings. I also believe he was expendible for a draft pick.

I'm a little surprised that the Pens traded Tyler Kennedy away. There were times during the playoffs where he looked like the only guy who wanted to play.

He had 5 points in 9 games, I believe. TK's performance was definitely there in the playoffs, I agree.

I've heard both sides of the coin on that trade. Some liked him, some didn't. I see it somewhat as a cost savings. I also believe he was expendible for a draft pick.

Thats like the Rangers not signing Ryan Clowe...

That kid had a ton of heart and could play on just about any line...

How about this for foreshadowing?

Blackhawks are hot right out of the gate this year. In '10 when they won the cup they weren't this hot at the beginning of the season.

THere's still a LOT of hockey left to play though. So not getting my hopes up too high. (What the f#*k---of course I'm getting my hopes up. :lol:)

Well, the 06/07 ducks, and the mid 80's Oilers that had this hot of a start, did go on to win the Cup...

What a series that was too?!

On another note: I am terribly disappointed I didn't find this thread sooner. St. Cloud State alum, Wild fan, watch the Gophers even though I am supposed to "hate" them due to the WCHA "rivalry" that every WCHA team has self-imposed on the Gophers. Er...former WCHA I should say. I have had some great times watching games at SCSU.

That's me and a buddy throwing confetti. 11 grocery sacks of paper we cut up into squares the entire week before. It was a Graduation Celebration for us too. LOL

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Anyone have any good Stanley Cup experience stories for the offseason?

Oh and for you hockey noobs, be prepared to go down an awesome rabbit hole.

John Buccigross is the sole reason why ESPN is bearable anymore because he is seemingly the only guy there that cares about hockey and he knows his stuff. Check out his twitter and his blog posts on ESPN.

Get caught up on lingo: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9011253 and http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9011268&categoryid=2378529

Read up on old time hockey, shinny and pond hockey, the legend of the Stanley Cup, and watch the first handful of Winter Classic games...some of the best TV in the history of TV. Especially the first one, that was magical. It was a great game, went to OT, Sydney Crosby wins it in a shootout, all in a perfect light falling snow.

Sorry, I will stop geeking out for a moment. Finding this thread here got me excited for hockey talk.

How about this for foreshadowing?

Blackhawks are hot right out of the gate this year. In '10 when they won the cup they weren't this hot at the beginning of the season.

THere's still a LOT of hockey left to play though. So not getting my hopes up too high. (What the f#*k---of course I'm getting my hopes up. :lol:)

Well, the 06/07 ducks, and the mid 80's Oilers that had this hot of a start, did go on to win the Cup...

What a series that was too?!

On another note: I am terribly disappointed I didn't find this thread sooner. St. Cloud State alum, Wild fan, watch the Gophers even though I am supposed to "hate" them due to the WCHA "rivalry" that every WCHA team has self-imposed on the Gophers. Er...former WCHA I should say. I have had some great times watching games at SCSU.

That's me and a buddy throwing confetti. 11 grocery sacks of paper we cut up into squares the entire week before. It was a Graduation Celebration for us too. LOL

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Anyone have any good Stanley Cup experience stories for the offseason?

I got my picture taken with the cup before the Finals Av's vs Devils in my Av's #13 Dan Hinote Jersey... Had the entire office, (all devils fans) flipping me off as the pictures were being taken...

Oh and for you hockey noobs, be prepared to go down an awesome rabbit hole.

John Buccigross is the sole reason why ESPN is bearable anymore because he is seemingly the only guy there that cares about hockey and he knows his stuff. Check out his twitter and his blog posts on ESPN.

Get caught up on lingo: http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9011253 and http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

Read up on old time hockey, shinny and pond hockey, the legend of the Stanley Cup, and watch the first handful of Winter Classic games...some of the best TV in the history of TV. Especially the first one, that was magical. It was a great game, went to OT, Sydney Crosby wins it in a shootout, all in a perfect light falling snow.

Sorry, I will stop geeking out for a moment. Finding this thread here got me excited for hockey talk.

Nice find...

Glad to have another puck junky around...