ACC will become Big East 2.0 will add UConn, USF & UCF

When all is said and done....

Big Ten: 16 Members

Big 12: 14 Members

SEC: 16 Members

PAC 12: 14 members

ACC: 10 members

Big East: 10 members

In the end the only somewhat decents teams left in Big East will be SMU & Houston with ACC still having Miami along with possibly North Carolina. They wiill barely be better than MWC and C-USA at this point.

Basically the article stats....

Big Ten: Virginia, Gergia Tech/UNC to be at 16 members

Big 12: Cincinatti, Louisville, Clemson & Florida State to move up to 14 members

SEC: Virginia Tech & North Carolina State to move to 16 members

PAC 12: Boise State San Diego State/BYU

ACC will become Big East 2.0

I think Delaney is too much too go with moves such as GT or Virgina... But, I thought that before the Rutgers, and Maryland moves....

Big 12: Cincinatti, Louisville, Clemson & Florida State to move up to 14 members

I think Delaney is too much too go with moves such as GT or Virgina... But, I thought that before the Rutgers, and Maryland moves....

Well apparently Virginia already has an offer and Big Ten is in talks with UNC and Georgia Tech but both GT & UNC are holding off until seeing how the Maryland/ACC lawsuit plays out which seems to be in Marylands favor. We seem to want UNC more but getting them to leave Duke may be the deal breaker there. That is why GT and Virginia are a much more likely scenario.

Well apparently Virginia already has an offer and Big Ten is in talks with UNC and Georgia Tech but both GT & UNC are holding off until seeing how the Maryland/ACC lawsuit plays out which seems to be in Marylands favor. We seem to want UNC more but getting them to leave Duke may be the deal breaker there. That is why GT and Virginia are a much more likely scenario.

I just don't get the Virgina/GT moves..... Even the UNC one is odd.... Give me L'ville, and Kansas....

I would be all for Louisville and Kansas but Kansas will likely only happen if we are able to get Notre Dame in as 17th member and Louisville already shown interest in going to Big 12 last year. neither of those will likely happen unfortunately. If we go to 18 or 20 members than maybe Kansas & Louisville would be in. I could potentially see us going after Duke & North Carolina to get up to 18 and if further expansion takes place than maybe Lousiville and Kansas at that point adding more school to strenthen Basketball is a good add.

I really doubt any alignment changes will take place for a good while once this is all said and done but once it does Duke/UNC to 18 and Kansas/Louisville or Notre Dame to 20. According to OSU AD and Michigan AD Big Ten expansion may end up at 18 or 20 and OSU AD mentioned looking south east & midwest towards all expansion.

Big Ten: Virginia, Gergia Tech/UNC

Big 12: Cincinatti, Louisville, Clemson & Florida State

SEC: Virginia Tech & North Carolina State

ACC will become Big East 2.0 will add UConn, USF & UCF

There's no way in hell that BYU becomes a member of the Pac-12. The California schools would sooner contact Lex Luthor and nuke the San Andreas fault to set California adrift than let that happen. And the Pac-12 isn't going to be keen on an in-state addition, either, because the Pac-12 already owns that market.

Nevada is their next likely target, and as well as Texass and Oklahoma (and their respective baggage).

I just don't get the Virgina/GT moves..... Even the UNC one is odd.... Give me L'ville, and Kansas....

It's all about TV sets now. Kansas and Loisville make sense geographically but Virgina's, North Carolina's and Georgia's population bases are growing and probably do not have the B1G network contracted with the cable companies. Rutgers and Maryland have Millions of new TV's for the network to go into. I was surprised Boston College has not been mentioned in this. They are strong academically and their sports are not too bad either. And you would get the Boston TV market.

As it is, the population shift to the south is the driving factor. Kansas and Louisville are good geographically but does not bring the TV's with it.

• 9 months later...