ATH Jacquille Veii [Maryland - Signed NLI]

Amac3309

I seriously don't get a lot of these posts. Look at his film. For about six minutes, it almost all touchdowns. Then, for the next six minutes, it's ints, sacks, great hits, take always, ect., and that's only his senior highlights. Listen, even if you don't think he's that great, why in the world would you post that? Bo obviously thinks he's good, and by your actions, you are hindering his recruiting efforts. It's his call, and he is running the team. Try helping, not hurting our chances. Bo has recruited a number of players that didn't have that many high profile offers, and where in states that get far greater attention (eg, Martinez, Abdullah, Bell -- pretty much our offensive stars). He did a pretty good job picking them didn't he?

Also, look where he's playing and what ranking he has. MD is not going to get hardly any attention recruiting wise, and 2 stars usually mean that they don't have enough to properly rate him.

I know there is a lot people will attack in this post (namely that the players I mentioned were recruited by some programs), but look at big picture. Not only are you hurting Bo's recruitment, you are attacking a kid. Just keep those comments to yourself, or phrase them in a better way.

Good post. I watched that whole highlight film and the kid is worthy of an offer. Atheletic, fast, good size, tough, and great instincts. Kid forces a lot of turnovers. I don't understand how people can say pass and wait for next year. Why so we can end up short again after a few kids decide to decommit. Just because he is a late offer doesn't mean he isn't a good offer. Last year people were saying the same thing about Thomas Brown and Leroy Alexander and now everybody is singing a different tune. Three years ago we had to try to get Kenny Bell late and a kid named Cain Colter was our backup plan. Our coaches probably have been reviewing hundreds of films with so few guys left on our board, and they are bound to find some more diamonds in the rough.

• Fire 1

I seriously don't get a lot of these posts. Look at his film. For about six minutes, it almost all touchdowns. Then, for the next six minutes, it's ints, sacks, great hits, take always, ect., and that's only his senior highlights. Listen, even if you don't think he's that great, why in the world would you post that? Bo obviously thinks he's good, and by your actions, you are hindering his recruiting efforts. It's his call, and he is running the team. Try helping, not hurting our chances. Bo has recruited a number of players that didn't have that many high profile offers, and where in states that get far greater attention (eg, Martinez, Abdullah, Bell -- pretty much our offensive stars). He did a pretty good job picking them didn't he?

Also, look where he's playing and what ranking he has. MD is not going to get hardly any attention recruiting wise, and 2 stars usually mean that they don't have enough to properly rate him.

I know there is a lot people will attack in this post (namely that the players I mentioned were recruited by some programs), but look at big picture. Not only are you hurting Bo's recruitment, you are attacking a kid. Just keep those comments to yourself, or phrase them in a better way.

Good post. I watched that whole highlight film and the kid is worthy of an offer. Atheletic, fast, good size, tough, and great instincts. Kid forces a lot of turnovers. I don't understand how people can say pass and wait for next year. Why so we can end up short again after a few kids decide to decommit. Just because he is a late offer doesn't mean he isn't a good offer. Last year people were saying the same thing about Thomas Brown and Leroy Alexander and now everybody is singing a different tune. Three years ago we had to try to get Kenny Bell late and a kid named Cain Colter was our backup plan. Our coaches probably have been reviewing hundreds of films with so few guys left on our board, and they are bound to find some more diamonds in the rough.

I really wish we could have taken Cain Colter... not improve over team, but to make sure he isn't f'ing us every time we play NW.

Player: Jacquille Veii

Hometown: Bathesda, MD

School: The Avalon School

Position: ATH

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 173

40 time: 4:49

Offers: Maryland, Iowa, BC, Charlotte, Ohio, Old Dominion, Stony Brook, Purdue, Nebraska

Rivals:**

Scout:**

247:**

ESPN:

http://www.hudl.com/.../jacquille-veii

40 time 4 minutes and 49 seconds, how do you do that?

Lets see you try to pull a car 40 yards with its E-brake on!

• Fire 1

He is friends with Marcus Newby so he said he would feel comfortable coming here. JP is visiting today to lockdown a visit. Wants to play CB but we are looking at him for the slot, but said he would do what's best for the team. Ran a 4.4 laser timed and a 4.28 handheld. I don't think we want him at corner he's only 5'9" but the versatility is nice.

He is friends with Marcus Newby so he said he would feel comfortable coming here. JP is visiting today to lockdown a visit. Wants to play CB but we are looking at him for the slot, but said he would do what's best for the team. Ran a 4.4 laser timed and a 4.28 handheld. I don't think we want him at corner he's only 5'9" but the versatility is nice.

5'9" is fine at CB as long as he's not a scrawny guy who gets thrown around. I can't remember where I heard it, but the average height of NFL CBs is 5'10"

I'm sure you're aware that 5-9 to 5-10 is pretty common for CBs. We'd like to have taller guys but there aren't a lot of those to go around.

I'm sure you're aware that 5-9 to 5-10 is pretty common for CBs. We'd like to have taller guys but there aren't a lot of those to go around.

Yes but it's not what we recruit.....why we didn't pursue Dashon Hunt. It's not what the staff wants. Starting to see a lot bigger corners in the nfl as well. Pete Caroll and Nick Saban love tall corners

Isn't Alfonzo Dennard 5' 10"?

What's your point? Doesn't change the fact that Bo prefers taller corners. It's a trend in our recruiting the last few years. Doesn't mean they won't take the occasional one like Josh Mitchell if the identify him early, but your not going to convince me we are going to reach on a CB this small this late in the process, when we turned down Dashon Hunt because of his height. If he turns out to be the next Dennard than all the better

Besides he said we want him on offense, and special teams.

He just said in an article he was 5'9 170 and we are looking at him on offense. According to his own words we are not looking at him as a corner.

He seems like a good kid and I think he would be a good pick up this late because he's willing and versatile enough to play where we need him and we need athletes on special teams returning kicks, getting down the field on punts and kickoffs or what not.