Ole' Miss is Dirty AF

Could also be the first recruiting cycle for their young first-year head coach, after he turned around Arkansas State to a 10-2 record previously. Ole Miss made a bowl for the first time since 2009 in his first year. It's possible he is one hell of an active recruiter. Nebraska signed a #1 class after our 5-6 season under a new head coach's first recruiting class.

• Fire 1

Could also be the first recruiting cycle for their young first-year head coach, after he turned around Arkansas State to a 10-2 record previously. Ole Miss made a bowl for the first time since 2009 in his first year. It's possible he is one hell of an active recruiter. Nebraska signed a #1 class after our 5-6 season under a new head coach's first recruiting class.

tumblr_mbubfiD0In1qd80hwo1_500.gif

2005? We finished ranked 5th and that's only because we signed 30 players which included 12 junior college players.

• Fire 2

Here is what makes this smell like a rat. (3) 5 star commits and none of them are from Mississippi... Really?

According to Scout, Antonio Conner is a 5 star DB from Batesville, MS

He was probably going off Rivals where Nkemdiche, Treadwell, and Tunsil are the only 5 Stars.

Connor and Hooks are 5 Stars on other sites, I know.

It is a joke. These kids can't complain when sanctions come down on them.

Here is what makes this smell like a rat. (3) 5 star commits and none of them are from Mississippi... Really?

He was probably going off Rivals where Nkemdiche, Treadwell, and Tunsil are the only 5 Stars.

Why would they care? They won't be around then and they'll have gotten paid!

Spencer Hall, who writes about college football at Every Day Should Be Saturday, and SBNation Recruiting's Bud Elliott's did a Q&A on Deadspin:

Do the kids like their money in a briefcase, or are they old school and prefer it in a bag that has a giant dollar sign on it?

SpencerHallEDSBS

The preferred delivery system is a mix of phone cards, gift cards, and then cash delivered via church donation via pastor. I wish I was making that up.

How much money did Ole Miss slip under the table for its class?

SBNationRecruiting

Probably not as much as you would think. They have really special connections to three of their top players (Nkemdiche's brother plays for them, Treadwell's best friend plays for them, and pretty much anyone from South Panola HS, like Conner, heads to Ole Miss.). The stars just aligned for them, and the town was instrumental in bringing in the class. Official visits to Ole Miss this year were raved about.

I'm not asking for any speculation or anything like that, but on a scale of 1-10, how skeptical are you that everything going on in Oxford is on the up and up?

SpencerHallEDSBS

I think starting with "up and up" in college football recruiting is probably the wrong approach.

• Fire 1

To be fair, Nkemdiche's brother is on the roster there.