Ole' Miss is Dirty AF

Meanwhile....this year so far their re recruiting has taken a major step back.

Hmmmmmm.......

I mean it prolly has to do with them being on the verge of heavy sanctions.
I'm guessing that's part of it. But, it could also be that all their bag men have been furloughed.

I think your right. In that Bag Man article a few pages back one of these shadow boosters mentioned that if a coach lost support of the bag men that he and the rest of the country would find out real quick just how good of a recruiter he really is.

It would seem we are now seeing just how good this Ole Miss staff is at recruiting me thinks.

• 1 month later...

NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said.

So basically what's going on here is the NCAA picking and choosing who belongs in the have's and have nots. Ole Miss isnt allowed to be ahave down there, so were going to their rivals, who are most likely doing the same damn sh#t, and saying "hey, we'll let you stay on top if you help keep them down. it's better for business". I mean, you cant have teams like Ole Miss and Miss St and Arkansas rising up and handing the Bamas, Flordas, and LSU's mulitple losses, and screwing their chances at playoff births, right?

• Fire 3

So basically what's going on here is the NCAA picking and choosing who belongs in the have's and have nots. Ole Miss isnt allowed to be ahave down there, so were going to their rivals, who are most likely doing the same damn sh#t, and saying "hey, we'll let you stay on top if you help keep them down. it's better for business". I mean, you cant have teams like Ole Miss and Miss St and Arkansas rising up and handing the Bamas, Flordas, and LSU's mulitple losses, and screwing their chances at playoff births, right?

Essentially.

When given the chance, the NCAA threw the book at USC and Penn St, so I'm not sure that logic holds. If MSU has dirt on their rivals, then I'm sure the NCAA will happily investigate them too.

When given the chance, the NCAA threw the book at USC and Penn St, so I'm not sure that logic holds. If MSU has dirt on their rivals, then I'm sure the NCAA will happily investigate them too.

As long as the other SEC schools have substantial dirt and confess first, they'll receive a slap on the wrist compared to other schools doing the exact same stuff. See Texas Tech in the SWC when they ratted out the other SWC schools after getting busted.

As long as the other SEC schools have substantial dirt and confess first, they'll receive a slap on the wrist compared to other schools doing the exact same stuff. See Texas Tech in the SWC when they ratted out the other SWC schools after getting busted.

That's a good point, but it only really helps the first school (or maybe first couple schools). And it leads to uncovering what's happening at more schools, which is what investigators want. The SWC got exposed fully because TTech went for lesser punishment; same could happen to the SEC. Miss St is in a really tough spot right now and could end up being the team that gets the slap on the wrist while taking down the others.

I work with a guy who is a big Ol Miss fan. I usually try to avoid the conversation....but, the other day I felt frisky so I brought it up.

He is totally convinced this is only being investigated because they beat Alabama and Auburn and their rivals are having the NCAA investigate them. He says there isn't anything really there but the NCAA may "find" something because Alabama wants them to.

I didn't explain to the guy how delusional he is.

• Fire 4