Ole' Miss is Dirty AF

Funny thing is in 3-5 years after we start beating Urban and Harbaugh routinely and winning conference titles, and making the playoffs, we're gonna be going through this exact same thing here. So hold on.

84 law is that you?

All i'm saying is, if we start nabbing all these high profile guys, and start winning on the field in a much higher manner, you think we wont be the target of national ridicule and cheating accusations by pretty much everyone across the country? Not to mention, we're not in the SEC, so there's gonna be extra "hmmms" comin across from national media as well.

You're right, Count. If we start beating Urban and Harbaugh (after signing a plethora of 5* talent out of the blue, posting pictures holding thousands of dollars in cash while on recruiting visits, and documentary evidence of impermissible benefits, etc.) we're going to be going through this exact same thing.

• Fire 1

You're right, Count. If we start beating Urban and Harbaugh (after signing a plethora of 5* talent out of the blue, posting pictures holding thousands of dollars in cash while on recruiting visits, and documentary evidence of impermissible benefits, etc.) we're going to be going through this exact same thing.

Even if those things werent out there, Ole Miss would still be going through a lot of finger pointing. And my take isnt about the full blown NCAA investigations. it's about the perception nation wide. We havent been good for so long, and Urban and Harbaugh are perceived as coaching gods. So if we all sudden do that, the national finger will point to us as cheaters. This is what society does. Whether we are or not doesnt matter.

Even if those things werent out there, Ole Miss would still be going through a lot of finger pointing. And my take isnt about the full blown NCAA investigations. it's about the perception nation wide. We havent been good for so long, and Urban and Harbaugh are perceived as coaching gods. So if we all sudden do that, the national finger will point to us as cheaters. This is what society does. Whether we are or not doesnt matter.
I don't think the perception is that a Harbaugh or Meyer cheat in recruiting though. Meyer is a winner and an excellent recruiter while Harbaugh is seen as an over the top push the edge of the rules kind of guy but not so far as to encourage the under the table stuff. The sec premier programs and up and comers like Ole miss though just have little things leak out like Laquan Treadwell that affirms suspicions of cheating to get what they want.

I don't think the perception is that a Harbaugh or Meyer cheat in recruiting though. Meyer is a winner and an excellent recruiter while Harbaugh is seen as an over the top push the edge of the rules kind of guy but not so far as to encourage the under the table stuff. The sec premier programs and up and comers like Ole miss though just have little things leak out like Laquan Treadwell that affirms suspicions of cheating to get what they want.

dude. Please re-read. Please.

But your point doesn't make sense, people think of Riley as a guy who did a lot with a little so the accusations of Riley being a cheater if we won big wouldn't be there much like Urban and Harbaugh which is what it sounds like you're saying.

• Fire 1

But your point doesn't make sense, people think of Riley as a guy who did a lot with a little so the accusations of Riley being a cheater if we won big wouldn't be there much like Urban and Harbaugh which is what it sounds like you're saying.

if nebraska goes from where we are to all a sudden nabbing top notch talent and winning much like Ole miss has, there will be ppl out there pointing the finger that we are cheating. Not necessarily media. That's not the ponit. Sorry if it came off like that. But ppl in general. it's just how it works. i see it happening so all im saying is look out in a couple years when everyone outside of husker fans start point at us and calling us cheaters.

my comment on the media wasnt really clear enought in that if we were to go through an actual investigation, i dont think we'd get the benefit of doubt like some of these others get. I just dont.

no thats not what im saying. where did you ever get the idea i suggested or others have that harbaugh and Meyer are seen as cheaters. They only theyre involved here is an assumption that Riley starts nabbing recruits from them, and then starts beating them on the field.

• 4 months later...

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126600/ole-miss-paying-a-price-as-it-sits-in-ncaa-investigation-limbo

But there appears to be no end in sight, and each passing day without a resolution represents punishment unaccounted, which is crippling Ole Miss’ future.

One need only look at recruiting -- the lifeblood of any program -- to see its effects. Since Freeze’s first full season recruiting in 2012, he hasn’t signed a class that finished outside the top 20, according to ESPN, with classes in 2013 and 2016 cracking the top five. But if things hold from now until signing day this Wednesday, Freeze is looking at the 37th-ranked class, which would be 12th out of 14 teams in the SEC.

• Fire 1

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126600/ole-miss-paying-a-price-as-it-sits-in-ncaa-investigation-limbo

But there appears to be no end in sight, and each passing day without a resolution represents punishment unaccounted, which is crippling Ole Miss future.

One need only look at recruiting -- the lifeblood of any program -- to see its effects. Since Freezes first full season recruiting in 2012, he hasnt signed a class that finished outside the top 20, according to ESPN, with classes in 2013 and 2016 cracking the top five. But if things hold from now until signing day this Wednesday, Freeze is looking at the 37th-ranked class, which would be 12th out of 14 teams in the SEC.

Boo-hoo