QMany

Ole' Miss is Dirty AF

Stumpy1    1,691

I read an article last night that said they might go back as far as Ed Orgeron's tenure and look at things. Apparently, the NCAA left the case of Micheal Oher open and only handed Hugh Freeze some secondary recruit violations when he was on Ed O's staff during that investigation. Might have been a blessing in disguise not to have Ed O. on staff.

teachercd    3,224

I am only shocked that we don't find out about more of this stuff. I have a really hard time believing that it doesn't happen at just about every school in one way or another. I would love to read more about these things.

Stumpy1    1,691

Lol...Bama's Dline coach is being investigated for recruiting violations now. I hope this turns out to be like the SWC back in the day when all the teams turned each other in for violations.

teachercd    3,224

Lol...Bama's Dline coach is being investigated for recruiting violations now. I hope this turns out to be like the SWC back in the day when all the teams turned each other in for violations.

Ha! They all got mad that some were cheating better than others!

BigRedBuster    8,066

That would be the best Christmas present ever.

Could it really be happening that we would have the NCAA investigating the SEC schools at the same time the DOJ is investigating the NCAA????

giphy.gif

QMany    3,006

I don't see how this one gets swept under the rug. Usually the NCAA is in a predicament because they don't have to the power to compel testimony or document production. Well, you have screenshots of his texts with a coach and a video admitting to taking money. This one shouldn't be too hard...

Remember, they were also just cited with 13 recruiting violations less than 3 months ago.

ScottyIce    1,928

I don't see how this one gets swept under the rug. Usually the NCAA is in a predicament because they don't have to the power to compel testimony or document production. Well, you have screenshots of his texts with a coach and a video admitting to taking money. This one shouldn't be too hard...

Remember, they were also just cited with 13 recruiting violations less than 3 months ago.

Agreed, and all of this coming to light on a MAJOR stage, the NFL Draft...

commando    1,626

i bet he is being honest. i doubt he personally handed him the money. however.....arranging a money drop from a bagman is another story.

SUHperman    359

Next person they need to speak to is Treadwell and see who slid him those hundreds on his visit. I'm sure Strigfellow could give some useful information as well.

StPaulHusker    5,080

Next person they need to speak to is Treadwell and see who slid him those hundreds on his visit. I'm sure Strigfellow could give some useful information as well.

I think we should leave Stringfellow alone unless we know for certain he didn't just go to the highest bidder between us and Ole Miss

Moiraine    5,955

I think we should leave Stringfellow alone unless we know for certain he didn't just go to the highest bidder between us and Ole Miss

Maybe I'm being naive but I just don't think we do that. When I tutored they were total adamant sticklers about not even giving a pencil to any student athlete. I'm not saying we never have but I don't think we did it under Pelini or do it currently. I guess we could get a rogue coach who wants a raise and starts doing it behind everyone's back.

StPaulHusker    5,080

Maybe I'm being naive but I just don't think we do that. When I tutored they were total adamant sticklers about not even giving a pencil to any student athlete. I'm not saying we never have but I don't think we did it under Pelini or do it currently.

Well, again, unless we are certain it didn't happen here......

Landlord    7,848

I'm pretty sure, without finding the article, that there has been documented proof, including physical check stubs, that Alabama has been paying players for years, and nothing's ever come of it. There's even been former Bama players on twitter admitting to taking money in college.

The NCAA is way too scared to come down hard after they went after USC and started losing lawsuits.

Moiraine    5,955

I'm pretty sure, without finding the article, that there has been documented proof, including physical check stubs, that Alabama has been paying players for years, and nothing's ever come of it. There's even been former Bama players on twitter admitting to taking money in college.

The NCAA is way too scared to come down hard after they went after USC and started losing lawsuits.

We should probably start doing it then.

Michiganball    175

freeze on espn radio reiterating their innocence.

Alright. Honesty check guys, with a "what if" scenario. Be honest.

At this time next year, following an 11-3 season, Nebraska signs the nations best recruiting class according to ESPN. Numberous top 100's. What are the talking heads saying?

It's Nebraska it was bound to happen? Seriously ol miss vs Nebraska should not even be in the same conversation.

husker98    131

I know they won't, but seriously i want the NCAA to drop the death penalty.

It would shake the SEC to its core and maybe even stop that faking annoying chant!

teachercd    3,224

It would shake the SEC to its core and maybe even stop that faking annoying chant!

I have said it over and over...take away home games. That should be the first punishment. The school loses millions in revenue and the fans are pissed off.

That is punishment.

ScottyIce    1,928

I have said it over and over...take away home games. That should be the first punishment. The school loses millions in revenue and the fans are pissed off.

That is punishment.

That's an interesting idea I've never heard before. I like it.

teachercd    3,224

That is punishment.

Thanks! I have always thought it would be an amazing deterrent. Just imagine it happened at NU...Sanctions come down last season and BOOM...all 3 non-conference games are now on the road (Assuming the road team wants the home game)...so now Fresno State gets the home game revenue, home field advantage and you have tons of pissed off fans oh and Fresno still gets the 1 mill that NU was paying them to come play in Lincoln.

husker98    131

That is punishment.

I'm all for this. No home games revenue would be painful no matter how large the program.

So I wonder how many games the NCAA would dock Ole miss under your idea?

my wager would be 5-10. At least one seasons worth, possibly a second.

And maybe more now after the Tunsil revelations.

BigRedBuster    8,066

That is punishment.

I'm all for this. No home games revenue would be painful no matter how large the program.

So I wonder how many games the NCAA would dock Ole miss under your idea?

my wager would be 5-10. At least one seasons worth, possibly a second.

And maybe more now after the Tunsil revelations.

I like the idea. All you would have to do is take one season away and the entire athletic department would be severely hurt.

Red Five    3,591

Hugh Freeze doesn't want his deposition in a Tunsil lawsuit to be made public. Why? Because then the NCAA can use it as part of their investigation.

In the event that Ole Miss football head coach Hugh Freeze is deposed in the lawsuit between former Rebels offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil and his stepfather, Freeze’s attorneys have requested that the deposition be limited to specific questions, reports The Clarion-Ledger.

The attorneys have asked that the deposition consist of written questions only regarding discussions Freeze had with Tunsil about an altercation between Tunsil and his stepfather Lindsey Miller.

Miller is suing Tunsil for “intentional infliction of emotional distress,” claiming that he was physically attacked by the offensive tackle and that his character was defamed.

Tunsil and Miller filed domestic violence charges against each other last summer. Tunsil stated that he attacked Miller as he was defending his mother, while Miller claimed the attack was unprovoked. All of the charges were eventually dropped.

The NCAA is currently investigating comments Tunsil made about receiving money from a coach during his time at Ole Miss. TMZ reports that Freeze does not want information obtained from the deposition to be used against him in the ongoing investigation.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/12/ole-miss-hugh-freeze-deposition-restrictions-laremy-tunsil-lawsuit

GBRFAN    457

They could have used paper notes or paper bags, however some guy in Omaha would have filed a suit against them - leading them to use technology that wouldn't ruin our environment.

If the SEC goes down - This guy in Omaha should get credit.

huKSer    1,371

They could have used paper notes or paper bags, however some guy in Omaha would have filed a suit against them - leading them to use technology that wouldn't ruin our environment.

If the SEC goes down - This guy in Omaha should get credit.

Would this involve a "balloon" payment?

BigRedBuster    8,066

So....the NCAA really has no reason to investigate. They basically have admitted everything did happen that they are accused of.

On to the punishment stage?????

Does anyone know if there is an official length of time the NCAA waits to see how much money Ol Miss can slide under the table to not get nailed?

AFhusker    408

How do you have a walk of champions, when you have no championships?

It sounds like they have Missouri or Kansas State syndrome.

AFhusker    408

Forget smoke, there's been a black blizzard surrounding SEC recruiting. The firemen (NCAA) and chiefs (school presidents) are willing to let it burn as long as money keeps flowing (TV).

It has been obvious that they are dirty as all hell. LSU was irrelevant until Saban shows up after moderate success at Michigan State. The same for Alabama who had won one conference title from 1993-2007 (non Saban years) with an average of 6.8 wins against 5.5 losses. (102 wins to 82 losses) To include four losing seasons (5-7 in 1997, 3-8 in 2000, 3-9 in 2003, and 6-7 in 2006) and six "winning" seasons with six or seven total wins (7-5 in 1996, 7-5 in 1998, 7-5 in 2001, 6-6 in 2004, 6-7 in 2006, and 7-6 in 2007)

The interesting part is that they had to forfeit wins in 1993 after winning the MNC in 1992 due to NCAA violations.

I got the Alabama info from their official website at:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/alab-m-footbl-archive.html

As for LSU their record from the 1990's until they won the title in 2003 was 80-70 or 6.2 wins and 5.3 losses. They only had six seasons from 1990-2003 with seven wins or more. Three of them were Saban's first three years at the school in 2000-2002. They had seven of the 13 years that I looked at with 5 wins or less.

I got the info on LSU at :

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football-history/