QMany

Ole' Miss is Dirty AF

C N Red    1,365

The school has an elaborate method of getting boosters to pay for hotels, offer loans and give out cash when Tunsil's family visited Oxford, Miss.

Miller's estranged wife and Tunsil's mother, Desiree Polingo, and her two sons from another relationship moving from Lake City, Fla., to Oxford at Ole Miss coaches' and boosters' expense.

The program paid for one family to move into a new home in Oxford and gave one player's mother a job.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/laremy-tunsils-stepfather-describes-elaborate-155122647.html

84HuskerLaw    538

These are all violations of some kind of NCAA rules in my view and ultimately if they are happening, will result in massive problems for the schools and programs involved. Boosters giving money and jobs and benefits to friends, family and etc are not appropriate. While they have been relaxing some strict rules, I would expect serious consequences or atleast there should be

BigRedBuster    8,066

Wow.....on one hand I'm glad he is letting this out if it really happened.

On the other hand, I always ask.....if you have such a problem with it, then why did you accept the benefits when they were being given to you?

PS....that family is really screwed up as far as relationships.

Army_Allen    470

Meanwhile....this year so far their re recruiting has taken a major step back.

Hmmmmmm.......

I mean it prolly has to do with them being on the verge of heavy sanctions.

BigRedBuster    8,066

Hmmmmmm.......

I'm guessing that's part of it. But, it could also be that all their bag men have been furloughed.

husker98    131

Hmmmmmm.......

I'm guessing that's part of it. But, it could also be that all their bag men have been furloughed.

I think your right. In that Bag Man article a few pages back one of these shadow boosters mentioned that if a coach lost support of the bag men that he and the rest of the country would find out real quick just how good of a recruiter he really is.

It would seem we are now seeing just how good this Ole Miss staff is at recruiting me thinks.

QMany    3,006

NCAA Enforcement representatives have visited Auburn and Mississippi State, and perhaps at least one more SEC Western Division school, this summer to speak with players who were recruited by Ole Miss. The players were granted immunity from potential NCAA sanctions in exchange for truthful accounts of their recruitment, sources said.

Count 'Bility    4,782

So basically what's going on here is the NCAA picking and choosing who belongs in the have's and have nots. Ole Miss isnt allowed to be ahave down there, so were going to their rivals, who are most likely doing the same damn sh#t, and saying "hey, we'll let you stay on top if you help keep them down. it's better for business". I mean, you cant have teams like Ole Miss and Miss St and Arkansas rising up and handing the Bamas, Flordas, and LSU's mulitple losses, and screwing their chances at playoff births, right?

Atbone95    1,189

So basically what's going on here is the NCAA picking and choosing who belongs in the have's and have nots. Ole Miss isnt allowed to be ahave down there, so were going to their rivals, who are most likely doing the same damn sh#t, and saying "hey, we'll let you stay on top if you help keep them down. it's better for business". I mean, you cant have teams like Ole Miss and Miss St and Arkansas rising up and handing the Bamas, Flordas, and LSU's mulitple losses, and screwing their chances at playoff births, right?

Essentially.

RedDenver    1,799

When given the chance, the NCAA threw the book at USC and Penn St, so I'm not sure that logic holds. If MSU has dirt on their rivals, then I'm sure the NCAA will happily investigate them too.

BigRedBuster    8,066

There was no way the NCAA was going to be able to sweep the PSU issues under the rug no matter how much money was pushed under the table.

I was surprised at the USC penalties.

They just don't do that to their major schools.

VectorVictor    1,986

When given the chance, the NCAA threw the book at USC and Penn St, so I'm not sure that logic holds. If MSU has dirt on their rivals, then I'm sure the NCAA will happily investigate them too.

As long as the other SEC schools have substantial dirt and confess first, they'll receive a slap on the wrist compared to other schools doing the exact same stuff. See Texas Tech in the SWC when they ratted out the other SWC schools after getting busted.

RedDenver    1,799

As long as the other SEC schools have substantial dirt and confess first, they'll receive a slap on the wrist compared to other schools doing the exact same stuff. See Texas Tech in the SWC when they ratted out the other SWC schools after getting busted.

That's a good point, but it only really helps the first school (or maybe first couple schools). And it leads to uncovering what's happening at more schools, which is what investigators want. The SWC got exposed fully because TTech went for lesser punishment; same could happen to the SEC. Miss St is in a really tough spot right now and could end up being the team that gets the slap on the wrist while taking down the others.

BigRedBuster    8,066

I work with a guy who is a big Ol Miss fan. I usually try to avoid the conversation....but, the other day I felt frisky so I brought it up.

He is totally convinced this is only being investigated because they beat Alabama and Auburn and their rivals are having the NCAA investigate them. He says there isn't anything really there but the NCAA may "find" something because Alabama wants them to.

I didn't explain to the guy how delusional he is.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Funny thing is in 3-5 years after we start beating Urban and Harbaugh routinely and winning conference titles, and making the playoffs, we're gonna be going through this exact same thing here. So hold on.

Huskinator    281

Funny thing is in 3-5 years after we start beating Urban and Harbaugh routinely and winning conference titles, and making the playoffs, we're gonna be going through this exact same thing here. So hold on.

84 law is that you?

Count 'Bility    4,782

84 law is that you?

All i'm saying is, if we start nabbing all these high profile guys, and start winning on the field in a much higher manner, you think we wont be the target of national ridicule and cheating accusations by pretty much everyone across the country? Not to mention, we're not in the SEC, so there's gonna be extra "hmmms" comin across from national media as well.

QMany    3,006

You're right, Count. If we start beating Urban and Harbaugh (after signing a plethora of 5* talent out of the blue, posting pictures holding thousands of dollars in cash while on recruiting visits, and documentary evidence of impermissible benefits, etc.) we're going to be going through this exact same thing.

Count 'Bility    4,782

You're right, Count. If we start beating Urban and Harbaugh (after signing a plethora of 5* talent out of the blue, posting pictures holding thousands of dollars in cash while on recruiting visits, and documentary evidence of impermissible benefits, etc.) we're going to be going through this exact same thing.

Even if those things werent out there, Ole Miss would still be going through a lot of finger pointing. And my take isnt about the full blown NCAA investigations. it's about the perception nation wide. We havent been good for so long, and Urban and Harbaugh are perceived as coaching gods. So if we all sudden do that, the national finger will point to us as cheaters. This is what society does. Whether we are or not doesnt matter.

Army_Allen    470

Even if those things werent out there, Ole Miss would still be going through a lot of finger pointing. And my take isnt about the full blown NCAA investigations. it's about the perception nation wide. We havent been good for so long, and Urban and Harbaugh are perceived as coaching gods. So if we all sudden do that, the national finger will point to us as cheaters. This is what society does. Whether we are or not doesnt matter.
I don't think the perception is that a Harbaugh or Meyer cheat in recruiting though. Meyer is a winner and an excellent recruiter while Harbaugh is seen as an over the top push the edge of the rules kind of guy but not so far as to encourage the under the table stuff. The sec premier programs and up and comers like Ole miss though just have little things leak out like Laquan Treadwell that affirms suspicions of cheating to get what they want.

GBRFAN    457

Riley has a national reputation and its not being a cheater- he is very well liked so it would be hard to believe that discussion would gain any traction.

Count 'Bility    4,782

I don't think the perception is that a Harbaugh or Meyer cheat in recruiting though. Meyer is a winner and an excellent recruiter while Harbaugh is seen as an over the top push the edge of the rules kind of guy but not so far as to encourage the under the table stuff. The sec premier programs and up and comers like Ole miss though just have little things leak out like Laquan Treadwell that affirms suspicions of cheating to get what they want.

dude. Please re-read. Please.

Army_Allen    470

But your point doesn't make sense, people think of Riley as a guy who did a lot with a little so the accusations of Riley being a cheater if we won big wouldn't be there much like Urban and Harbaugh which is what it sounds like you're saying.

Count 'Bility    4,782

But your point doesn't make sense, people think of Riley as a guy who did a lot with a little so the accusations of Riley being a cheater if we won big wouldn't be there much like Urban and Harbaugh which is what it sounds like you're saying.

if nebraska goes from where we are to all a sudden nabbing top notch talent and winning much like Ole miss has, there will be ppl out there pointing the finger that we are cheating. Not necessarily media. That's not the ponit. Sorry if it came off like that. But ppl in general. it's just how it works. i see it happening so all im saying is look out in a couple years when everyone outside of husker fans start point at us and calling us cheaters.

my comment on the media wasnt really clear enought in that if we were to go through an actual investigation, i dont think we'd get the benefit of doubt like some of these others get. I just dont.

Count 'Bility    4,782

no thats not what im saying. where did you ever get the idea i suggested or others have that harbaugh and Meyer are seen as cheaters. They only theyre involved here is an assumption that Riley starts nabbing recruits from them, and then starts beating them on the field.

Count 'Bility    4,782

Why is NU being discussed in this thread? the two should not be used in the same sentence unless the word NOT is used.

because on message boards, we can do whatever we please. And if you dont wanna read it, you have all the power in the world to click the F out

GBRFAN    457

wrong side of the bed. Just a simple question on why here? if you are that fired up about a question - maybe you should take a break.

4skers89    601

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126600/ole-miss-paying-a-price-as-it-sits-in-ncaa-investigation-limbo

But there appears to be no end in sight, and each passing day without a resolution represents punishment unaccounted, which is crippling Ole Miss’ future.

One need only look at recruiting -- the lifeblood of any program -- to see its effects. Since Freeze’s first full season recruiting in 2012, he hasn’t signed a class that finished outside the top 20, according to ESPN, with classes in 2013 and 2016 cracking the top five. But if things hold from now until signing day this Wednesday, Freeze is looking at the 37th-ranked class, which would be 12th out of 14 teams in the SEC.

Edison's Enemy    494

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126600/ole-miss-paying-a-price-as-it-sits-in-ncaa-investigation-limbo

But there appears to be no end in sight, and each passing day without a resolution represents punishment unaccounted, which is crippling Ole Miss future.

One need only look at recruiting -- the lifeblood of any program -- to see its effects. Since Freezes first full season recruiting in 2012, he hasnt signed a class that finished outside the top 20, according to ESPN, with classes in 2013 and 2016 cracking the top five. But if things hold from now until signing day this Wednesday, Freeze is looking at the 37th-ranked class, which would be 12th out of 14 teams in the SEC.

Boo-hoo

Redux    5,750

Heh...they hoping that will keep the NCAA from bitch slapping them as hard as they should?

Nebfanatic    1,080

Heard Frank Boal speaking last night at the Carriage Club in KC and he was talking about how every major college program is paying recruits one way or another to come to their school. Said it is rampant in football as well as basketball. He almost sounded like he thinks Pinkle isn't doing it enough to compete and is going to get canned because of it. Said it's a sleezy world but it is the reality of the situation. Almost every major program could be found guilty of these type of practices I'm sure. Then again, water is wet

GSG    5,897

Heard Frank Boal speaking last night at the Carriage Club in KC and he was talking about how every major college program is paying recruits one way or another to come to their school. Said it is rampant in football as well as basketball. He almost sounded like he thinks Pinkle isn't doing it enough to compete and is going to get canned because of it. Said it's a sleezy world but it is the reality of the situation. Almost every major program could be found guilty of these type of practices I'm sure. Then again, water is wet

He isn't the coach anymore. He resigned before last year due to his non-Hodgkins lymphoma

Nebfanatic    1,080

He isn't the coach anymore. He resigned before last year due to his non-Hodgkins lymphoma

didn't catch what he was saying at the beginning so I just heard him talking about mizzou and I assumed Pinkle was still the coach, thanks for the correction.