ATH Kalen Ballage [Arizona State Commit]

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

This guy should have more excitement built around his recruitment than he does. Guys runs a 10.68 - 100 at 225 lbs. Great size, speed, and ball skills. Early leaders are Michigan, Nebraska, Boise St, and Arizona St.

I like him best for OLB. Do we know what he is being recruited for?

This guy should have more excitement built around his recruitment than he does. Guys runs a 10.68 - 100 at 225 lbs. Great size, speed, and ball skills. Early leaders are Michigan, Nebraska, Boise St, and Arizona St.

I like him best for OLB. Do we know what he is being recruited for?

Forgot to mention, these are his current leaders that have offered. His top school is Oregon but doesn't hold an offer. If they offer, would expect him to commit shortly afterward.

• 5 weeks later...

Visiting this month. This is a guy we need, so much potential and speed at a number of different positions.

Heard we might be looking at him for LB. Any thoughts? I just think about the speed he could bring to that position.

On the video he said we'd let him pick which position he wanted to play - which would be RB.

Visiting this month. This is a guy we need, so much potential and speed at a number of different positions.

Heard we might be looking at him for LB. Any thoughts? I just think about the speed he could bring to that position.

LB's that can hold their own and go sideline-to-sideline can really be difference-makers. Would be a great get.

When i see this kids running style all I can think is Lawrence Phillips. I just can't see him ending up any where but RB. When you watch him on defense he has all the tools but he just doesn't have that high motor, ferocious nature that you like to see. Not that that can't be brought out in him, but it just seems he is just such a natural with the ball in his hands. Like others have said though, I will worry about all that later, just get him here. This kid is the real deal, and just down the road. A must get.

Coming from Rivals Five-Star Challenge in Chicago, Ballage planned to spend time at Michigan and Michigan St before heading to BRW. BRW was a great event that many of the recruits enjoyed last year. In addition to the fact that Nebraska is last in this list of visits, I think NU is in good position to make a great empression on Ballage this weekend, hopefully putting us in front of Michigan.

Here's a video of him at the Rivals Challenge.

http://rivals.yahoo...._hE4mtT2kW5jL1_

Update:

Keenen A. Ballage@kballage 20h

My family is back tho. They cut they're recruiting trip to Michigan, Michigan state, an nebraska short so I'm not out here alone

Read this tweet from Ballage. Does anyone know if he made it to Michigan or Michigan St? Is he still planning on going to BRW? I ask because of the wildfire close to Peyton, CO. Obviously, family matters may change his plans.

Edited by NU-Bo

Free - http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1515129

Sleeper Alert:

Honorable Mention: Falcon, Colo., athlete Kalen Ballage is ranked in the national top 150 so it's hard to label him a sleeper, but there were a few cynics who didn't think he could hang in. Ballage was invited as a linebacker but worked out as a running back and wide receiver and showed excellent ball skills.