ATH Kalen Ballage [Arizona State Commit]

Likely because he doesn't have an offer from Oregon, but if he gets one they will be the team to beat I think.

Oregon picked up a commit from five-star RB Royce Freeman so perhaps they won't have as much interest in Ballage (or he might not have as much interest in them).

This sounds like good news for us if that takes Oregon off the table. I don't follow Oregon recruiting. Does anyone know if Oregon is looking for more than one RB? OregonHuskerMan?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Michigan Ballage's first overall offer?

Michigan seems like one of his favorites that he has an offer from. An Oregon offer would have play with Ballage, but he has not received one yet.

Fixed it.

You can actually edit the original post so that it's fixed there.

And you still didn't answer the question of whether Michigan was his first offer. (I don't know who his first offer was.)

Michigan seems like one of his favorites that he has an offer from. An Oregon offer would have play with Ballage, but he has not received one yet.

Fixed it.

And you still didn't answer the question of whether Michigan was his first offer. (I don't know who his first offer was.)

Michigan is the first one it shows on 247 but it only shows 5 of his 22 offers on the timeline. I'd say it's a lot more likely that Colorado or CSU or even Wyoming or Utah were earlier.

Fixed it.

Michigan is the first one it shows on 247 but it only shows 5 of his 22 offers on the timeline. I'd say it's a lot more likely that Colorado or CSU or even Wyoming or Utah were earlier.

Yeah, at 5 o'clock in the morning, my brain must not have been working yet because I read "first overall offer" as "who is his top choice" not "who was his first offer". Anyway, Colorado was his first offer back in Sept.

BroncoCountry.com@Rafter17 26 Sep

Ballage Gains 1st Offer: 2014 Falcon High School athlete Kalen Ballage picks up his first offer. http://bit.ly/P7zVqV

Likely because he doesn't have an offer from Oregon, but if he gets one they will be the team to beat I think.

Oregon picked up a commit from five-star RB Royce Freeman so perhaps they won't have as much interest in Ballage (or he might not have as much interest in them).

This sounds like good news for us if that takes Oregon off the table. I don't follow Oregon recruiting. Does anyone know if Oregon is looking for more than one RB? OregonHuskerMan?

Hard to say. I don't particularly know Helfrich's recruiting mentality. Chip just wanted the best athletes he could get his hands on, (somewhat) regardless of position and they'd make it work. Thats why you saw them having a lot of undersize, but "fast" linemen/linebackers.

Offensively, it is tough to say because they use TAZR (De'Anthony) in a variety of roles. RB, slot, motion sets etc and then your traditional running back + the appropriate depth there. Its hard to say without seeing their recruiting board, how highly they rank him and at what position.

If I had to guess, the last 2 classes they've only grabbed 1 RB, Thomas Tyner (5* last year of out Aloha, OR) and Byron Marshall the year before that. I'd say that IF they had him ranked appropriately, they'd take more than 1 RB - or they'd take a HIGH level ATH they think they can make into a RB.

• Fire 1

Claims he will try to visit Michigan, Michigan St., Nebraska and Boise St. yet this summer. Those seem to be his top four right now.

Too much talent for Boise State... hopefully. Don't see them winning him over. Also hoping Michigan and Michigan St. are just a bit too far from home for him. Nebraska is relatively close, and he already has family connections. This is one we should get, however... We'll see.