OG Jarrett LaRubbio

Player: Jarrett LaRubbio

Hometown: Middletwon, OH

School: Lakota East

Position: OG

Height: 6-5

Weight: 265

Offers: Nebraska, Pitt, Akron, Bowling Green, Duke, Kentucky, Ohio, Toledo

Note: Ohio State and Michigan have visited his school in the last couple of weeks, but no offer from either yet.

247: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jlube75

Highlights

• Fire 1

The state of Ohio would seem a natural recruiting base for UK. Close to home and a bottom feeder in the SEC with a new coach. A good recruiter should be able to make hay. We still are a bigger name and more of a pull if the kid wants to be on a winner. Our coaches will have to see where the kids head is and spend the time if it looks promising.

With a crazy small class this probably is a plan b kid for urban

He is. That is why he hasn't offered yet. It looks like he may not need offer either. They lead for the OT out of Chicago and a JUCO OL guy. If they land those two their OL class for 2014 is full. With only 11 scholarships left for OSU for their 2014 class prior to attrition they are limited for what they can do. They are after a few Georgia guys as well. Wouldn't shock me if their class is almost full by Sept.

May be right about that battle with Kentucky.

Latest from Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 17 2013.

ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS JARRETT LARUBBIO, OL, 6-5, 260, LIBERTY TOWNSHIP (LAKOTA EAST), OHIO

Larubbio has offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Duke, Kent State, Kentucky, Nebraska, Ohio, Pittsburgh and Toledo.

"I'am going to some practices but I don't know which ones right now. I know I'am going to Bowling Green this Saturday and next Saturday I'am going to a Kentucky basketball game." Larubbio said

"Bowling Green, I got to know their coach (Dave Clawson) pretty well same with Ohio and and I'am just really exciting going to Bowling Green this weekend."

"I've been to Duke," he says. "I really like the beautiful campus. They have great academics. I got to know their offensive line coach John Latina really well."

"I just like Kentucky a lot." Larubbio said. "It's just a really nice school. I've talked to the coaches we're starting to build a relationship, I just can't wait to get down there."

"Kentucky just seen my film they thought I was a really good player - they really do want me."

"They (Nebraska) are really competitive, it's a football state just great tradition. I might make it to Nebraska this summer but I'am not sure."

"I've actually been to Pittsburgh a couple of times. They have a beautiful campus their program is on the rise. I know the coaches pretty well, I'am excited about Pittsburgh." Larubbio said

"They (Pittsburgh) have great facilities, the campus is really nice. I have a good relationship with Coach Joe Rudolph and Coach Paul Chryst. I've been talking to them a lot." Larubbio said

• Fire 1

• 3 months later...

Vince Marrow gets another. Losing him will sting for a long time. Committed to Kentucky

You have to wonder if he's using some shady practices. Maybe that's why we didn't want to keep him. This is just beyond odd how he is getting all of these players to commit to a crappy football school.