ATH Brandon Powell [Florida - Signed LOI]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Powell talking about visiting NU in this summer, not waiting for an OV in the fall. Thinking about heading up in the next two weeks, but I don't know if he would be here for BRW. Ron Brown has been doing the recruiting (in the RB-style).

Powell wants to play RB at the next level, and that is what Nebraska is recruiting him for. Won't mind seeing him also try his hand at CB, if he gets bumped down the RB depth chart.

Powell talking about visiting NU in this summer, not waiting for an OV in the fall. Thinking about heading up in the next two weeks, but I don't know if he would be here for BRW. Ron Brown has been doing the recruiting (in the RB-style).

Powell wants to play RB at the next level, and that is what Nebraska is recruiting him for. Won't mind seeing him also try his hand at CB, if he gets bumped down the RB depth chart.

They really do need to move officials up to the summer months. Kids are much more able to travel then than when shool is going and they have games on Friday nights.

They really do need to move officials up to the summer months. Kids are much more able to travel then than when shool is going and they have games on Friday nights.

I think the game day environment plays to the strengths of NU football. Summer OVs would prevent recruits from see that.

I think the game day environment plays to the strengths of NU football. Summer OVs would prevent recruits from see that.

But with the recent trend of recruits committing earlier in the process, NU misses out on a lot of recruits because the majority of them are too far away to be able to afford an unofficial visit. Letting kids take OVs earlier in the process would help NU more than it would hurt.

But with the recent trend of recruits committing earlier in the process, NU misses out on a lot of recruits because the majority of them are too far away to be able to afford an unofficial visit. Letting kids take OVs earlier in the process would help NU more than it would hurt.

agree it would definitely help

I was more pointing out the counter argument than I was making that argument. Getting recruits on campus is a must for getting commits. If early OVs help that, then great.