Nebraska Wrestling

R3 Cons

184--Venz whoops up on Bowman (Iowa) 16-4 and advances to the blood round

194--Schultz drops a tough 3-2 decision to Holschlag (UNI) and is eliminated

Nebraska has 4 wrestlers left in the consolation bracket going into the blood round tonight which starts at 7p CST

• Plus1 2

This years tourney has been chalked full off upsets.  Yianni from Cornell has been my favorite to watch so far.  He is a future 4x champ.  I will say the same for Lee.  They are a blast to watch. 

Edited by Stumpy1

184--Venz just put a beating on Renda (NCST) and wins 11-3 to lock up AA and avenge a loss from earlier in the year!  Venz had an unbelievable 6:40 of riding time.  To give you an idea of how dominant that is...matches are 7:00 in length.

Nebraska goes 3 for 4 in the blood round to lock up 3 AAs.  They'll pick up action tomorrow morning.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

This years tourney has been chalked full off upsets.  Yianni from Cornell has been my favorite to watch so far.  He is a future 4x champ.  I will say the same for Lee.  They are a blast to watch. 

Yeah Lee was really impressive in how he just worked NATO.  Yanni is going to have a slugfest against Meredith tomorrow.  I can't help but root for Meredith.  Should be some really good finals matches.

Medal Rounds

157--Berger gets a super weird TD in OT to win 4-2 in SV over Jordan (tOSU)!  Berger will wrestle Kemerer (Iowa) for 3th/4th.  First meeting between these two this year although I remember Kemerer winning a very tight match over Berger last year so a bit of a shot at redemption today.

184--Venz continues to wrestle like a grown a$$ man and wins 7-3 over Zavatasky (VT)!  Venz will wrestle Parker (Illinois) for 3th/4th.  This will be the rubber match between these two and should be pretty entertaining.

141--Red will wrestle Perry (EMU) for 7th/8th.  Hat tip to both guys for getting on the podium as unseeded wrestlers in an absolutely stacked weight class.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 2