Nebraska Wrestling

Medal Matches

141--Red gets a pin late in the 3rd period and gets the WBF over Perry (EMU) and will finish 7th.

157--Berger wins by injury default over Kemerer (Iowa) and finishes 3rd

184--Venz loses 8-1 to Parker (Illinois) and will finish 4th

Nebraska should be able to finish in the top 10 of the team race.  Future looks pretty bright as the majority of the team are underclassmen.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Big mistake by Myles Martin. Did I mention how much I hate Penn St. ?

That scramble was crazy, I saw the mat level replay and Martin was in decent position when he had Nickal on his back...Nickal just did Nickal things, popped his hips and that was kinda it.  He had Martin's chin...lost it and then somehow got it back...just nuts.

I can already tell I'm going to loathe Vincenzo Joseph...a lot.  He's the new Dean Heil!

The Valencia/Hall match was awesome, that 1st period scramble was incredible.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Like i said, Yianni will be a 4x champ.  That kid is badass. 

He's a special, special talent.  Really cool seeing a couple freshman in Lee and Yanni win national titles.

On a side note, the most entertaining wrestler of the tournament has to be Tariq Wilson of NC St.  Dude put on a show...just let it all hang out like Caldwell used to do for NC State.  Popolizio has some good things cooking over Raleigh.

Edited by Xmas32

9 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

That scramble was crazy, I saw the mat level replay and Martin was in decent position when he had Nickal on his back...Nickal just did Nickal things, popped his hips and that was kinda it.  He had Martin's chin...lost it and then somehow got it back...just nuts.

I can already tell I'm going to loathe Vincenzo Joseph...a lot.  He's the new Dean Heil!

The Valencia/Hall match was awesome, that 1st period scramble was incredible.

• 1 month later...

Robb is a great pickup.  Can come in, RS for a year and duke it out with Luke Weber/Baptista for the 157 spot after Berger graduates.

NU also got a huge pickup with Zeke Moisey transferring from WVU for his Sr. year.  Moisey is a 2x AA and fills a huge hole that NU has 125 since Lambert graduated.  That makes things interesting with Alex Thomsen.  He's either going to RS or bump to 133 as I just can't see Renteria staying there with all the weight struggles he had.  The question becomes what happens with Renteria and Red?  You've got Brock Hardy coming in and one would assume he's going 149.  Renteria is in a tough spot.