Huskerboard Favorite Scotch or Whiskey Thread

Been sick as a dog the last few days. Fever, and a terrible cough. So last night I started coughing uncontrollablly shortly after the Canes game started. (Watching at home, btw). At the half I poured myself a glass of Irish whiskey on the rocks. After knocking it back, my cough completely went away. Didn't cough once for the rest of the night.

Who needs a doctor when John Jameson is on call 24/7?

• Fire 1

• 7 months later...

Any scotch fans in the Omaha area need to go to the Dundee Dell. At last count they had seven hundred fifty three different single malts and most are available by the peg or dram. Any place with a collection big enough to require a rolling ladder is OK by me. (Best fish and chips in town, too!)

Dundee-Dell-Great-Wall-of-Scotch-photo-c

http://www.dundeedell.com/index.html

This is what I was gonna recommend. I started drinking Cognac because it's from grapes and supposed to be good for you and I was trying to cut down on the gas produced from drinking craft beers, then found out Cognac is a French marketing scheme to triple the price of Brandy, got tired of the taste of Brandy and decided to try Scotch, was drinking it straight with a few ice cubes, found out that was wrong and your supposed to swirl it around in a little glass while smelling it, found you might as well get the cheap stuff if you're gonna mix it and drink it wrong, found myself twerking and talking loud in public places, then feeling kind of ill much more than I should, switched back to craft beer.

During the Scotch phase I found myself at the Dell once and they do have a mighty fine selection of fancy Scotch....the neighborhood is also quaint and charming, not at all what I expected from the Dundee area. Still plan to take my wife to that fancy Italian restaurant there some day.

• 3 years later...

**necro bump!**

wild-turkey-kentucky-straight-rye-whiske

Picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey rye this afternoon.  I like it better than the Wild Turkey 101 rye I posted about above in this thread.  Good stuff!  Really good!