Tebow fans are pathetic

I don't get how that's not being humble? He wants to be a qb. If he can't get that chance, then he feels there are better ways to spend his time. He'll probably go be at least reasonably successful doing something else now. The un-humble thing to do would be to take any position you could get just to keep your name in the spotlight.

This is why he doesn't seem that genuine to me. He's obviously not that humble of a guy if he actually thinks he's a good quarterback. Watching him play is either painful or hilarious; can't decide which.

I don't think you can really say anything about his humility based on this - if anything, you could just as easily say it's admirable that he has such a passion for his dream and won't compromise on it. I don't think he has ever said that he thinks he is a great quarterback - only that he is dedicated to being one. Can't fault a guy for that, can you?

Re: your self-serving comment - Tim Tebow is a smart dude, and also a dude that really loves Jesus. As is natural for people of the Christian faith, he has a desire to share that faith, so he is self-serving in the sense that he wants as big of a platform as possible to share what he thinks is truth. Nothing wrong with that either, in my head, and if he sometimes loses sight of it and gets a big head, you think you would do even remotely as well as he does if you were in his shoes with everyone worshiping your every move? I think that in his head, the bigger Tim Tebow's name is, the bigger Tim Tebow can make Jesus' name, and that's what it's all about.

I don't get how that's not being humble? He wants to be a qb. If he can't get that chance, then he feels there are better ways to spend his time. He'll probably go be at least reasonably successful doing something else now. The un-humble thing to do would be to take any position you could get just to keep your name in the spotlight.

How often are TEs in the spotlight? Other than when they murder people, that is.

• Fire 1

• 5 months later...