SIGNED OT Nick Gates

Made 247's list of top five interior OLinemen still uncommitted.

Do we have a good shot at getting a commitment from him?

Tough to tell. I personally think he's waiting to see if his Alabama offer is commitable and the new offer from Oregon would be hard to pass up. I don't think our chances are that good but he does have some interest in us. The wild card is Barney's friendship with their coach and if that can be used to push him our way.

After his visit to Texas A&M, Gates says he has A&M and Nebraska in his top two. He'll be in Lincoln this weekend, then take official to Arizona and Oregon. He says he will decide in December.

That is good news, if we are in the top 2 with A&M pre-offical visit.

Got to think the same thing. Though he has been on campus already as he camped in Lincoln and was at BRW over the summer, so his visit will really be a second look.

After his visit to Texas A&M, Gates says he has A&M and Nebraska in his top two. He'll be in Lincoln this weekend, then take official to Arizona and Oregon. He says he will decide in December.

Got to think the same thing. Though he has been on campus already as he camped in Lincoln and was at BRW over the summer, so his visit will really be a second look.

Ya I thought of that....but he didn't get the gameday feel.

Ya I thought of that....but he didn't get the gameday feel.

True. Different feel to the stadium with 90K packing in.