This sounds oddly familiar...

There are two Husker Alumni chapters in Arizona, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson. There are about half a brazilian expat Nebraskans living down there was well, so it's not surprising that we would have some fan end up coaching a youth team who uses the Husker Prayer to fire up his team. I've never heard of this before, but it makes sense with all the Nebraskans living elsewhere.

Good find, saunders. Those kids have some fire in their bellies. :thumbs

Top half of the Brazilian or lower half of the Brazilian......I didn't know they loved Husker Football down there....;)

There are two Husker Alumni chapters in Arizona, one in Phoenix and one in Tucson. There are about half a brazilian expat Nebraskans living down there was well, so it's not surprising that we would have some fan end up coaching a youth team who uses the Husker Prayer to fire up his team. I've never heard of this before, but it makes sense with all the Nebraskans living elsewhere.

Good find, saunders. Those kids have some fire in their bellies. :thumbs

This. I don't know if it's all the retirees in Arizona or what, but there are a lot of Husker fans there. Remember Todd Peat seeing the Husker license plate? And I used to drive past a Husker store every day in the middle of Scottsdale.

9 out of 10 people I know of here in Hastings that are either retired or are wealthy enough to have a "winter" home, it's in the Phoenix area.

Does everyone still think that we invented that prayer? It was written by a poet in the 20's.

Only that we were the original school to adopt it as part of a pre-game sporting event ritual.

Knute Rockne actually used it quite often.

Yep. This is all covered territory.

LINK