The Fighting Erstads at the Big Ten Tournament

I haven't heard anything, but my guess is that he's out for the tournament. He's had a week and a half off, has been our #1 guy all season, and is the only pitcher we have that Michigan hasn't seen yet. It makes perfect sense to throw him Wednesday, so the fact that we aren't is probably an indicator of the magnitude of his injury.

can Roeder go more than a few innings and be consistent? I love him in the closer role but it seems as if many of this teams issued have come with brain farts late in games and inconsistencies on the mound. I would love to see him possibly in a mid relief or possibly a starting role next year. Closing is very important and he will be very good at that, but with our lack of a 3rd starter that is consistently good he may fill that type of role very easily.

can Roeder go more than a few innings and be consistent? I love him in the closer role but it seems as if many of this teams issued have come with brain farts late in games and inconsistencies on the mound. I would love to see him possibly in a mid relief or possibly a starting role next year. Closing is very important and he will be very good at that, but with our lack of a 3rd starter that is consistently good he may fill that type of role very easily.

Bummer will be the third starter in 2014, especially if DeLeon returns (Kubat-DeLeon-Bummer = lefty-righty-lefty, coaches love that crap.)

Gotta get win 1 tomorrow out of the chute. If we have a chance at all, which with our bullpen shortcomings I really am beginning to doubt, we gotta get to the championship game in as few games as possible. It would have been nice to get the first round bye to help in that regard but the debacle Saturday against Michigan prevented a shot at that. Lets come out mad and put a whooping on the Wolverines to pay them back for the 19-9 game and move on to Beat the Buckeyes. Starters need give us quality starts to preserve the bullpen which basically consists of 2 guys at this point. Vogt and Roeder are the only guys who are somewhat consistent. Vogt can have issues but from what I have seen Roeder is money. It is a big park so hopefully the offense can get going, lots of hits and movement on the basepaths. Lets put pressure on everyone early and often. GBR!!!

lol.. i give us a less then 50% chance of winning... Maybe we should throw bummer for 2, DeLeon for 2, Kubat for 2, Vogt for 1 and Roeder 2 to close... maybe we can win a 9-8 game. Obviously I'm being sarcastic but really, who is confident that we can win today?

I think we can win today, 50/50 tomorrow, but then the utter lack of a bullpen dooms us from advancing much further..........