2013 Big Red Weekend

Now that we have a good core group committed, I hope that we concentrate more on the 4+ star players for the rest of this cycle. We did have more 4+ last year at this time than we have currently. While it may not be ideal or even accurate, I think it does help with perception and getting more big time players here to sign.

We have 4 star talent that is underrated right now. Namely, Darlington, Farmer, and Foster (formally 4 star) for sure. Brown could be, but kicker are always underrated. Stoltenberg and Mosley are also high 3 stars, maybe 4 star if they hit up more camps or have breakout senior years.

Who has Mosley rated as more than a 2 star? That is all I have seen so far. Or are you referring to your opinion on what they should actually be ranked?

Defensive Line Visitors

283533.jpg316573.jpg

Defensive Back Visitors

305467.jpg

Quarterback Visitors

309319.jpg

Running Back Visitors

319066.jpg318984.jpg

Offensive Line Visitors

319062.jpg319117.jpg1169617m.jpgZACK-SINGER_150_12_14.JPG

Wide Receiver Visitors

317056.jpg305984.jpg

Tight End Visitors

323742.jpg1161210.jpg310132.jpg

I updated the faces of BRW... These are the guys visiting as of 3pm CT on Friday, June 14th.

I wish we had names to the faces. Thanks!

Now that we have a good core group committed, I hope that we concentrate more on the 4+ star players for the rest of this cycle. We did have more 4+ last year at this time than we have currently. While it may not be ideal or even accurate, I think it does help with perception and getting more big time players here to sign.

We have 4 star talent that is underrated right now. Namely, Darlington, Farmer, and Foster (formally 4 star) for sure. Brown could be, but kicker are always underrated. Stoltenberg and Mosley are also high 3 stars, maybe 4 star if they hit up more camps or have breakout senior years.

Who has Mosley rated as more than a 2 star? That is all I have seen so far. Or are you referring to your opinion on what they should actually be ranked?

Sorry for the confusion. I was saying these recruits (that I listed) are underrated, and each one of the could/should be rated better. Mosley is one of the most underrated, based on that he is a 2 star the should be a high 3 (maybe 4) star.

Ryan Williams the 4 star RB from Lees Summit MO will be here. This is big, he will be one of the best RB in the 2015 class.

Yup. We really need to build a pipeline from Lee Summit West High School. Lots of good players coming through their right now.

Williams was "shocked" at how good our facilities were - both football and academic. Also really liked his visit with Ron Brown.

Surprised OT Grant Schmidt didn't get an offer. He's just up the road in SD and has been to Lincoln for games last year and visits this summer. I guess the staff wants to evaluate in person first (understandable).

He did say the coaches would watch some of his film from this coming year before deciding. Didn't get to do a lot last week due to a hamstring injury.

Surprised OT Grant Schmidt didn't get an offer. He's just up the road in SD and has been to Lincoln for games last year and visits this summer. I guess the staff wants to evaluate in person first (understandable).

He did say the coaches would watch some of his film from this coming year before deciding. Didn't get to do a lot last week due to a hamstring injury.

If he wasn't injured during camp, the coaches would have been able to see him in person, and an offer probably would have followed. Upside, he canceled his visits to Iowa State and Minnesota (due to the injury) and came for BRW. As we have seen, the atmosphere of BRW really appeals to recruits.

Wait for them to be re-evaluated.