SIGNED OG Tanner Farmer

“I’m looking at how good the school is, I want to go into premed so they would have to have a premed or similar medical science program,” Farmer told HO. “I’ve got to be able to connect with the coaches and I have to like them. And I would like for them to be able to have good facilities and a pretty decent football team. I think that I’m going to decide around the beginning of July.”

This was an article from McKewon few days ago.

UNL (like many major universities) has pre-health tracks for undergraduates. Sean Fisher was pre-med. Omaha has both UNMC and Creighton medical colleges, so after getting his bachelor's he could apply to an in-state medical college, which helps in the acceptance rate. This should not be a problem for Farmer.

Farmer will be attending numerous camps and visiting campuses from programs that have offered him (and some that may be close to) this month. He has already been to Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa St., Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, and SIU - Carbondale. He will next go to Minnesota, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, and Western Michigan and finish at the Michigan St camp. His dad played for Ole Miss and wants his son to pick his college for the right reasons. Said the purpose of the extensive campus touring and camps are to check out how he connects with the coaches and their coaching style, potential teammates, the campus and facilities, and the pre-med program and student support. After all this, he will go to The Opening at the end of the month, and it sounds like this is when he will make his decision.

I've heard Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, W Michigan, and Nebraska have been in play in his top group at different times. Have not heard how the Nebraska camp went, but I definitely like Nebraska's chances here.