SIGNED K Drew Brown

He said he was wanted to go to Nebraska since he was a little kid. His Aunts are from Nebraska and his brother Kris lives there with his family now. Josh has attended our kicking academy each summer 4 years in a row and took an unofficial visit for the Idaho State game this last fall. He's been in love with the school since he was a little kid and didn't want to go anywhere else. His Southlake coach says he's the best kicker he's ever coached and he's coached some guys who are now kicking in the NFL.

And get this.... he know's what all his brothers records are and he's got a goal to beat them. :) Kris said Josh's fundamentals are wayyyy ahead of where his were at that age and that he's very very good for his age. As this kid gets stronger and more flexible he's just going to get more and more range and accuracy. Right now he says he can pretty consistently hit from 55. He is money from 45 in.

He said he was wanted to go to Nebraska since he was a little kid. His Aunts are from Nebraska and his brother Kris lives there with his family now. Josh has attended our kicking academy each summer 4 years in a row and took an unofficial visit for the Idaho State game this last fall. He's been in love with the school since he was a little kid and didn't want to go anywhere else. His Southlake coach says he's the best kicker he's ever coached and he's coached some guys who are now kicking in the NFL.

And get this.... he know's what all his brothers records are and he's got a goal to beat them. :) Kris said Josh's fundamentals are wayyyy ahead of where his were at that age and that he's very very good for his age. As this kid gets stronger and more flexible he's just going to get more and more range and accuracy. Right now he says he can pretty consistently hit from 55. He is money from 45 in.

Great post but I believe you mean Drew, not Josh. Josh is probably a little too old to be a high schooler.

Great post but I believe you mean Drew, not Josh. Josh is probably a little too old to be a high schooler.

haha yep! I was thinking Drew in my head and for some reason typed Josh.

Sounds like he is an accomplished baseball player as well, and could try out for the baseball team in the spring.

"Coach Pelini told me that he was perfectly alright with me trying out for the team and coach Erstad wants me to try out for the team, and that would be real cool to be a dual-sport D-I athlete," Brown said.